So my new V3112 just came in. The box was huge...with another box inside :/

So yeah, this is going to replace my fender fm25 dsp. After messing with the amp and then comparing to the fender, I am sad to say that I kind of like the sound from the fender better (same treb, mid and bass settings). I got the fender about 6 months ago from my local store (it wasnt the one they had for testing, but im sure it had been used a bit before I bought it). So im guessing/hoping the v3112 just needs to break in a bit (I bought it online)?

Maybe I am just used to the fender? or maybe its just because I am playing at 12:30 AM with the v3112 set to 3?

Does my amp just need to break in a little bit?
Different amps are gonna have different sounds. Keep EQing the V30, and you should be able to find an excellent tone on it, mich better than on your Fender.
Tube amps like to be played loud, and sound better at higher volumes.

Also, dont dialing in the same setting on your tube amp, that you had on your fender amp. Theres nothing wrong with that im just saying that each amp is different, has different settings, sweet spots, etc...
Gear:
Epi Les Paul Custom w/ 57 classic plus & burstbucker pro
Gibson SG Limited Edition, Crescent Moon Inlays
Dr. Z SRZ-65
Egnater 4x12 cab w/ Vintage 30s
I've heard terrible sounding Crates, are the tube ones better? Decent?
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Start all at 12 oclock. Then work from there.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Put your fender in a cupboard. Lock it away. Use only the V30 for a month. Then turn on the fender again and realise how crap it was.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
crank it up - you'll see what we're talkin' about
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Imperial
I've heard terrible sounding Crates, are the tube ones better? Decent?

The Crate V series are really nice.

Be sure to swap out that speaker though Great amp for the price you guys get them. I love how they look too.
Start with everything at 12:00 and work from there.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The crate is going to have a different voice than the FM. You can't compare similar settings between the two. Mess around with the eq, it isn't going to respond as the FM did as they are vastly different amps. Congrats! And please tell me you tried one before making your purchase.