I'm very new to playing guitar and want to learn. I came across the site GuitarTricks.com which supposedly has 1000s of online lesson videos. Does anyone have any experience with this site? Has anyone heard anything about this site?

It costs $12.95 a month and seems a cheaper alternative then regular lessons, but is it worth it?
i would take personal lessons because if you need to stop and talk something over with your teacher, you can
I completely agree with you though I will be up at college and don't have the time nor money for actual lessons. Anyone else have any experience with this site?
Before going to other websites I suggest looking here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/for_beginners/learning_music_theory_the_beginning.html

THere is a LOT of info in this lesson and I suggest at least looking it over to get you started with music theory.

BTW I agree with Littleangus44 about taking personal lessons for that same reason. Another reason is because I beleive that learning face-to-face with someone who has studied music their whole life is a more credible source than anything online. A teacher will also put you on the right track and they can analyze your progress and correct any bad habits you may have formed.
There's a lot of free resources out there if you want guitar instruction online. This site, in addition to youtube, should give you just as much content as they will without having to pay for it.

Also, I'm a little wary of any site that refers to guitar technique as "tricks".
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
It's totally unnecessary. I know it because i downloaded many instructional videos e books etc. You know i had tons of MAB, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman and John Petrucci videos with books like Speed Mechanics by Troy Stetina.

The fact is each one has the same damn exercises with minor differences. Petrucci uses exercises mostly on major scale Marty leads you through the same thing but you think it's different because you play harmonic minor.

The point is you can find tabs for those things they teach anyway and videos are useless for the advice they give about muting and such because if someone doesn't show you how and you can't get it from a youtube video you won't get it unless someone shows you.

That's all i have to say. Hope it helped, of course people may disagree.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
All very good advice, thanks to everyone who posted. I think I'm going to stay away from this company and stick to youtube and some instructional ebooks like Attack mentioned.
Yeah man do that. John Petrucci's Rock Discipline , Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics and Marty Friedman's Melodic Control. These two videos and book will give you enough boring exercises worth 2-3 years.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Attack
Yeah man do that. John Petrucci's Rock Discipline , Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics and Marty Friedman's Melodic Control. These two videos and book will give you enough boring exercises worth 2-3 years.

Was just going to ask for some suggestions but you beat me to it, thanks!
Rock Discipline kept me entertained for a while, for sure. Eventually I couldn't stand it though =|
*Acquiring * all 3 as we speak....now I finally have some stuff to work with.