Well, I found this video demo of the TD-X Echo effect pedal, and.... Well, I don't really believe that this pedal and the shown settings are all that it took to get the Edge's sound (especially after seeing Edge's setup).

Guyatone Flip Series TD-X Tube Echo

I'm not looking to duplicate edge's sound exactly (as that takes more work and money than it's worth, and I'd like to have my own tone... mostly), but I would like to get close... I'd certainly settle for what was achieved in the above video (minus the bad recording job).

So, yeah, any points in the right direction would be appreciated; things such as settings I should aim for, equipment I should buy... is the TD-X Echo pedal good, is there anything better...?

Anyway, here's what I currently have to work with:

POD Pro through a 15 band EQ through a BBE Sonic Maximizer through a JSX Head Amp through a Sheffield equipped Peavey 4x12.

Many thanks!

[EDIT].... I'm aware of the Ultimate Settings Thread, but this is a little more than just settings, so I figured a dedicated thread was more appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by -Rane- at Jul 26, 2008,
ok well, look for his wikipedia page that should list his equipment, and then try to find the best and most economical way to get the sound of that equipment
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Edge uses AC30s, and i wouldnt be surprised if the demoer of that pedal also used one. And Edge also uses alot of Gibby LPs and an Explorer. So really, all you would need is a Brit-voiced amp with some Gibson pickups (maybe) and tha Delay, and you should be able to get his tone wih some EQing.
the "Edge", what a joke

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
A little secret I stumbled on is to use Dunlop Nylon picks (with the grip) and turn them so you pick with the grip.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by bjovi400
ok well, look for his wikipedia page that should list his equipment, and then try to find the best and most economical way to get the sound of that equipment

Yeah.... This is why I said I knew that asking for Edge's tone is asking a lot:

This article simplifies it, and makes it more complicated a the same time:

http://www.amnesta.net/edge_delay/

Edge uses AC30s, and i wouldnt be surprised if the demoer of that pedal also used one. And Edge also uses alot of Gibby LPs and an Explorer. So really, all you would need is a Brit-voiced amp with some Gibson pickups (maybe) and tha Delay, and you should be able to get his tone wih some EQing.

The only problem is that AC30's cost around two thousand dollars.

I don't know, maybe I'll just buy the TD-X Delay pedal... unless anyone has a better suggestion? I was looking at some of the TC-electronics stuff (the ND-1 Nova Delay, and the D-Two) but I'm not sure about anything now.

And I've heard of that picking technique, I'll have to give it a shot.
The nova delay is sweet. Remember to use dotted 8ths. And I'm not even kidding, the picking thing went SO far towards getting the Edge sound with my rig, I was VERY surprised.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50