Which one is better in your opinion. Never played them but i want to hear from you guys first, i want the most versatile or just plain good tone

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GenzBenz-El-Diablo-100-100W50W-Tube-Guitar-Head?sku=481325

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=V3

Thank you
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
I played the Genz Benz and it was pretty good, but I've heard better.
never played any Carvin so i can't help there
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
I prefer the Genz Benz personally, although, for the money of each amp new... you could get a used Mesa Dual Rectifier (2 channel), which is truly the sound both of the amps you're interested are based off of, and IMO, the dual recto sounds and is built much better.

The Genz Benz's biggest pro's are the number of channels and how well layed out the footswitch is, and the cabinet (g-flex) is superb.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^Really, their trying to get the mesa sound? Never new that info till now... hmmm... this makes me think....
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
^Really, their trying to get the mesa sound? Never new that info till now... hmmm... this makes me think....

Well, they're not trying to, but their tone is very similar. You can definatly tell the recto was the basis of the tone on the amps.

2 Channel rectos have excellent cleans, something the carvin and genz don't have.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I would not place the cleans of a Recto any higher than the cleans on a V3, you say you prefer the Genz Benz but have you actually spent a lot of time with the V3? (not disqualifying your opinion I just want to know if you just tried it once and didn't like it, it takes a lot of fiddling before you fall in love with a V3)

I've never played a Genz Benz so I wouldn't know which is better.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
Just played the v3, and its horrible, my xxx blows it away. Probably the speaker is bad, its plug in a 4x12 flexwave. But still, it sounded so horrible. I almost traded my peavey xxx for it.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Quote by angeldef
Just played the v3, and its horrible, my xxx blows it away. Probably the speaker is bad, its plug in a 4x12 flexwave. But still, it sounded so horrible. I almost traded my peavey xxx for it.

anything played in a 4x12 flexwave sounds like shit