Hey guys!!! I've been thinking of changing the pickups from my les paul for something better. I was looking up at different pickups and i think i found two that i'm interested in:

- Dimarzio D Activator Bridge (bridge)
- Dimarzio Paf Pro (neck)

Anyone have experience with these pickups? Especially since not many ppl in here use Dimarzios except for the Evo ones.

- I play metal/hard rock/alt; Main influences are Tool, A Perfect Circle, 10 Years, Muse, and Hurt.

Oh, and mods: thanks for unbanning me! Keep on doing a good job :p

EDIT: i was originally gonna go for the Paf Joe for the neck but the Pro has higher output hah... plus, those pickups in chrome will look awesome on my silverburst.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 26, 2008,
It should work pretty well. Don't worry about the neck pickup's output, though. You usually want it to be less than the bridge pickup.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
It should work pretty well. Don't worry about the neck pickup's output, though. You usually want it to be less than the bridge pickup.

I'm aware of that. The D Activator is much hotter but i'm kinda asking if anyone's used them before. Most of the ppl here would've recommended me Seymour Duncans if i had asked WHAT pickups to get.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Yeah, I'm sure they would have. Try to play a guitar that has them, first. That's the only way you'll know.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50