Hi. I have an old 60s Fender tube bass head that my dad left me but I have never done anything with it since i don't have anything to run it thru. I figured that i would need vintage 60s or 70s bulit cabs to have a proper set up for the head. By any chance is it possible for me to just get a brand new modern cab like an Eden or Ashdown and just put my old tube 60s head on? Are these types of cabs only built for modern heads? I think it is a noob question but I really want to use my tube head. I think the generation gap might be too much though.
Its probably more tricky the otherway round, you should be fine.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
A speaker is a speaker...as long as the impedance is right, you're fine. Ampeg, Ashdown, and Mark Bass would all be good choices.
Nope, no sig here.
^Exactly. Maybe to fit in with that nostalgic look you want a vintage speaker. Also the sound of a vintage speaker will be different, but it's not going to damage the head or cab at all to run a vintage head with a modern speaker.