I want to replace my crappy starter acoustic guitar with a new acoustic or two. I'd like to know what are some really good Acoustic Electrics, Acoustic with cut out and Classical guitars for around the $300-600 range, but I'd take anything good under $800. I want something that has a great loud, warm tone. Something that will sound like the acoustic guitars you hear on Metallica and Testament ballads and Acoustic Dream Theater and Alice in Chains songs. And I'd like a acoustic with gear upper fret access in either 22 or 24 frets.
The Yamaha FGX730SCA is a great Acoustic Electric guitar, I've only been hearing good reviews on it.
It's impossible to get "acoustic guitars that sound like". You'll never really get there. As for the "great loud, warm tone." some suggestions can be made for that. It's generally suggested that you go for a guitar sound that you like rather than going for the sound of guitars you've heard in recordings. This is because a microphone, no matter how good, cannot capture all of the tonal complexities that a live guitar makes.

I think you should look into some Seagulls and Epiphone Masterbilt series guitars. Seagull cedar topped guitars have a lot of warmth and are great for finger picking. Epiphone Masterbilt series guitars are just plain good.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Ibanez is horrid. don't waste your money.

Martin + taylors are just plain bad value at this price range. when you get in thte $1000+ then consider looking at these two brands.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'm curious, why is it bad at this range? I know that the baby taylors aren't necessarily bad, but just poorly represent the "taylor sound." Why do the other guitars in the <$1000 price range made by taylor poor value?
Under $1000, other brands provide better value than Taylor and Martin -- they coast on brand recognition. I loved the Taylor 314ce cut-away sprucetop with sapele sides & back & ebony fretboard, but I wouldn't go much lower end than this because the cheaper Taylors don't use (as) high-quality tonewood.

For less than 1$k, check out cedar-topped or mahogany guitars by Seagull, Simon & Patrick or Art & Lutherie. They are better-known for mid-range acoustics.

Do acoustics even come with 24 frets? I thought most only went to 18 ...