Poll: ???
Poll Options
View poll results: ???
Dead
25 64%
Alive.
14 36%
Voters: 39.
It's just about as dead as rock n roll radio.....
wait what did i mean Yes ore No Hmm will never find out..

Youll probaly get better answears in the punk section.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=16
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Jul 26, 2008,
I think ALL punk is dead. New, old, real, fake, pop, ska, etc.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Wanted.....

dead.............. or aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by herman ri2
*reported*

You wanted my opinion It's never been alive or dead. It has always sucked. You're cool reporting me for no reason at all.
Aaaaaaahhahahaha

I found you didn't know shit about what you were talking about in an other thread and you decided to make a poll with the majority of people not listening to punk or even knowing what punk is if it smacked 'em in the face.

Give up and reread the other thread for your thorough teabagging.
Quote by herman ri2
*reported*

DICKS

There's one in every thread.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Aaaaaaahhahahaha

I found you didn't know shit about what you were talking about in an other thread and you decided to make a poll with the majority of people not listening to punk or even knowing what punk is if it smacked 'em in the face.

Give up and reread the other thread for your thorough teabagging.

So, nobody on UG knows what Punk is?

I guess you are the last soldier that knows what Punk is.
Quote by herman ri2

God you sound like such a snob.
Since when is your definition of punk the right one?
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by herman ri2

The last thread and people posting that punk is dead because they said Blink 182 was punk. You obviously thought you knew what it was you were talking about and turns out you don't know shit.

This poll isn't going to decide anything. Isn't it past your bedtime anyway?
Quote by herman ri2
*reported*

You sure are doing this board a big favor! Keep up the good work dip****!
i think it's possible that punk music is dead, but the spirit lives on
it's late.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Ez0ph
God you sound like such a snob.
Since when is your definition of punk the right one?

Are you an idiot?

I gave an honest opinion JUST LIKE EVERYONE IN THIS! so don't at attack for it, tool.
Quote by Pauldapro
Wanted.....

dead.............. or aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive?

I walk these streets...
Doesn't matter now whether punk is dead or alive. All the great stuff has already come and gone, and at the end of the day that's what we'll be listening to whether new stuff emerges or not.
Impossible to be either, because punk is about not following anybody else's preconceived notions. So maybe somebody's notion is dead, but the attitude lives on. A mindset cannot be "dead".
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Aaaaahhh man Herman Ri you already embarassed yourself in an other thread and you created an other to stick it to me and are just getting your ass handed to you.

Nice try dude.
punk was a phase in the late 70s through the 80s. its all over now. People who call themselves punk are either trying to relive it, imitate it, or if your a band try to sound like it. You can still be a punk though.

If you mean punk as a genre, its still around..u just have to dig deep to find it. possibly underground...

if your talking about that whole ****in punk scene, u have to go to some ****ty ass place..u wont find it on a major label or in a magazine.

punk is still.. around..its just not getting anywhere cuz all people wanna hear is prissy ass vocals....catchy guitar riffs..and these ****in garbage bands...im not even gonna mention any cuz u know.

and it is also way misunderstood. like grunge. people glamourize it like they do grunge. people think grunge is like..raggedy clothes ripped jeans flannel and ****. the only reason for that was cuz seattle bands who werent famous at all..they couldnt afford **** for clothes until famous.
Quote by lolcats
I walk these streets...

a loaded six string on my back...

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Derrikb
punk was a phase in the late 70s through the 80s. its all over now. People who call themselves punk are either trying to relive it, imitate it, or if your a band try to sound like it. You can still be a punk though.

If you mean punk as a genre, its still around..u just have to dig deep to find it. possibly underground...

if your talking about that whole ****in punk scene, u have to go to some ****ty ass place..u wont find it on a major label or in a magazine.

punk is still.. around..its just not getting anywhere cuz all people wanna hear is prissy ass vocals....catchy guitar riffs..and these ****in garbage bands...im not even gonna mention any cuz u know.

and it is also way misunderstood. like grunge. people glamourize it like they do grunge. people think grunge is like..raggedy clothes ripped jeans flannel and ****. the only reason for that was cuz seattle bands who werent famous at all..they couldnt afford **** for clothes until famous.

+1

Totally agree.
who knows, maybe its dead the way metal was through the 90s and is planning on a comeback, hope its soon cuz these fags out now claiming to b punk are makin me sick
scratch the first part of wat i said

Quote by gwitersnamps
Impossible to be either, because punk is about not following anybody else's preconceived notions. So maybe somebody's notion is dead, but the attitude lives on. A mindset cannot be "dead".

i think that people these days more than ever are trying to be noticed. and its sad that these people have to imitate wat went on in the 70's 80's 90s to do it.

basically, theres arent enough people around who are willing to do their own thing.

i wake up every morning and think....why is everyone such an ignorant ****? why are there so many ****ing rules and regulations? why can't we do what we want..hy do the police think they have so much power just cuz they go to school for a month and have a badge? why does everything have to be packaged and sold and labeled..we should be growing our own **** . why the hell is marijuana illegal?,,etc

ON THE OTHER HAND there are people who wake up and say "how can i become popular today? maybe if i dress like miley cyrus or the pete wentz, people will like me!" "how can i get my band liked? maybe if i make a song like Blink 182, people will love us"

this is the **** im talkin bout
Punk is dead. /end thread
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Genres of music don't "die." They sometimes become less popular or noticeable, or sometimes shift demographics, but I don't think any genre ever truly goes away.

Quote by herman ri2
*reported*

Fucking faggot. Wasting the moderator's time over some bullshit, inane reason.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Punk, to me, is breaking a rule or changing something that is generally accepted in order to get your vision across. I feel that that's why some people consider The Velvet Underground to be punk, because they were one of the early bands to disregard all musical precedents and just do their own thing for the sake of pure artistic vision. Reed never bothered with Scales on his solos, he just kinda went with what felt right. Sure, it was all feeling so it often missed the mark, but when his solos were good they were very interesting. ("I Heard Her Call My Name," for instance. That intro kills me. In a good way)

Then, later, groups like Violent Femmes kinda had the disregard thing going on. Gano sang about teenage lust over Ritchie's growling acoustic bass. Then the grunge scene came about in the 90's, and some form of punk must have accumulated then and then became immediately commercialized.

However, to me, what makes punk 'punk' is the tendency of the band to utilize an independent attitude to achieve some greater creativity in their music. Certainly, bands since the 90's have done that.
So, yes. What I perceive to be Punk has definitely survived.
Fucking faggot. Wasting the moderator's time over some bullshit, inane reason.

[Insert any insult you want...it'll still be funny]
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Derrikb
i wake up every morning and think....why is everyone such an ignorant ****? why are there so many ****ing rules and regulations? why can't we do what we want..hy do the police think they have so much power just cuz they go to school for a month and have a badge? why does everything have to be packaged and sold and labeled..we should be growing our own **** . why the hell is marijuana illegal?,,etc

Sounds like what you want is an anarchy. Anarchy would not work in any society. Ever. People need leadership to thrive and function properly as members of any community of any size and status. People would eventually turn towards someone as a leader, and in that scenario a dictator can be created. So from an anarchy becomes the worst, most corrupt form of government. I'd rather take my crummy American government with a loosely enforced constitution than a dictatorship.

I hate police as well. I hate them with a passion. I think they're degenerate scum. But when they're not nearly causing pile-ups cutting across lanes or almost running me over because they don't want to wait for me to finish crossing the street (true story), they do have an important job to do.

If we were growing our own stuff, we'd be exposed to all the glorious population control mother nature has been trying to throw at our scientifically fortified existences since the discovery of vaccinations and whatnot. Suddenly there'd be no more sanitation of any sort, there'd be no way to protect the crops, and when little Timmy got the flu, you could kiss his ass goodbye.

I too wish more people would question things, not just the government, but I don't think it makes much sense to completely give up our way of life and become a bunch of farmers. I can drink Starbucks, go to the mall, and hate the government all at the same time.

EDIT: By the way, to avoid any potential misunderstandings, this isn't a personal attack on what you were saying. It's just a friendly debate.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jul 26, 2008,