Me and two of my friends have been toying with the idea of starting a band. We have jammed once and it sounded really good. We have 2 Guitarists and a Bassist. They decided amongst themselves that I should b Lead Guitar and my other friend can b rhythm. We need a drummer and a singer. I own a kit and can play drums and the other guitarist and bassist cant. What would be best for practice, to have me on drums then just rythm and bass playing or just have the 2 guitars and the bass going until we get a drummer?
questions: What genre? What are you capable of? Can't you sing?

Also, the drums are the easiest part to write, so just write the guitar parts first.
Why don't you have the 'rhythm' guitarist play lead or a combination of any two guitar parts when necessary? If one of you can sing then you could do a power trio. I also wouldn't assign 'lead' to anyone in particular. I think it stifles the creativity of the rhythm guitarist.
Quote by MightyAl
I think this is the real problem. Standing up to someone so fat has a couople major risks.
1)They might have a heart attack, fall on you and crush you
2)They might eat you. And not in a fun, girl-on-girl 'pics or it didn't happemn' way.
Quote by cerin
I also wouldn't assign 'lead' to anyone in particular. I think it stifles the creativity of the rhythm guitarist.

definatly. i add spontaneous riffs inside of my rhythm work.

---------------
-7--7--5h7p5------4-------
-7--7-----5--5------4----------
-5--5----------------1--------
----------------------1---------
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I would have you play guitar, since that is what you will be playing once you find a drummer. It will probably be an easier adjustment once you find a drummer. Otherwise you will have to learn all the guitar parts, and get used to playing guitar with the other two, and then they may get a little messed up if they get used to your drums, then someone else comes and plays it different.

But then again sometimes it takes a long time to find a band member, and sometimes it is more fun to play when you have all the pieces of the band. It's your call, but i'd try not to be playing drums all the time at every practice.