I play both bass and guitar, and my bass amp broke so many times that I am getting store credit. I have $400 Australian to spend at a music shop. But I just got into a band playing guitar, so I also want a good gigging amp soon. I have a Roland Cube 30x right now if that helps, but no bass amp. I was thinking of either getting a cheap bass amp and either a Laney GH50l (2nd hand) or a new Bugera 333xl 212 (both are about $1000AUD). The other option was to get a fairly decent bass amp (At least 250 watts or so) and a good quality distortion pedal, so I have a gig worthy rig for both guitar and bass. I can save up more money if needed, but I don't want to go over $1500 in total. I play metal and I want to get more of a British sound to nail those 80's tones like Iron Maiden etc.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
I'd say get the Laney, but you really can't go wrong with either of them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oh, I forgot to mention that the Laney was on ebay, so I wouldn't use my store credit on that.

The only thing I dislike about the Laney is not being able to switch to a clean channel. I probably won't need cleans that much since I am playing metal, but if I need them in the future, I won't have the option...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
bump
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

another bump...
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

final bump before I admit defeat
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200