so im watching Family Matters, you know the show with Steve Urkell lol, anyways its the one where Carl falls asleep and dreams that he woke up 15 years later, and he asked Hariett what year it was and she said 2009, hahaha its almost 2009 lol.

on that note back to the future 2, the one where they go ahead in time, is set in 2015 not that far away either, kinda funny that the technology in that movie seems to be more advanced with the flying cars and what not, but the one thing that does make me laugh. there is a phone booth, when is the last time you seen a phone booth, obviously in 1989 (or whatever the year that movie came out) they did not realize cell phones were gonna take over lol, and the fax machine in that movie when Marty got fired, who sends faxes anymore lol

anyways the point of the thread, what are some other mistakes in movies set in the future that we now see aren't going to happen
look at 2001: A Space Odyssey. my dad got it for me as a christmas gift when it was about to be 2001. so i could compare. or some ****. i was 10. i didn't care! i just wanted legos.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I saw some phone booths earlier this year, and faxing is still very common for businesses.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Gemini
I saw some phone booths earlier this year, and faxing is still very common for businesses.

+1

TS is unwise and stupid.
phone booths are every where

and i still think 15 years from now there will be flying cars

isn't there one now?
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by deckerbastard69
i dont see phone booths

and we dont have hallographic sharks trying to bite our heads off either

Or even holographic sharks.
Quote by TempoTantrum
phone booths are every where

and i still think 15 years from now there will be flying cars

isn't there one now?

yes there are. duh. see here .

"it's a matter of reality"
"...that's one theory"

"there will not be flying cars i cannot express that enough"
"but surely you have ridden in flying cars in your secret laboratory"
Last edited by tona_107 at Jul 26, 2008,
This thread is pretty damn fail. Not many threads fail this hard anymore.
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Quote by tona_107
yes there are. duh. see here .

"it's a matter of reality"
"...that's one theory"

"there will not be flying cars i cannot express that enough"
"but surely you have ridden in flying cars in your secret laboratory"

yah yah but I went to an orientation at a college and they showed videos of their German sister-school partaking in the possibility of flying cars -- there is even one developed. in the videos they showed it flying back and forth above a forest and above a lake...i doubt they'd make **** like that up considering a school's reputation is probably it's most important asset
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Quote by TempoTantrum
yah yah but I went to an orientation at a college and they showed videos of their German sister-school partaking in the possibility of flying cars -- there is even one developed. in the videos they showed it flying back and forth above a forest and above a lake...i doubt they'd make **** like that up considering a school's reputation is probably it's most important asset

i am trying to make joke...no?
Quote by stringmagician
Flying cars? Lets get some driving planes up in this bitch.

yeah i never really realized that calling something a flying car is a complete misnomer. that's like calling a boat a floating car.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012 or something? Like some Mayan philosophy?

Do you understand what the word "philosophy" means?
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by samjackson1990
i see a phone booth everyday pretty much, on my way to the bus stop :P

Yeah, but England has had to dispose of a few thousand phone booths over the last couple years due to cell phones
Quote by Eternal_One

Do you understand what the word "philosophy" means?

he obviously meant prophecy, and without knowing any better , because he doesn't actually know what either term means but assumes he can use them because they are part of common conversation, just picked a similar sounding word and went with it.
if they sound the same they MUST mean the same....right?!
The most ridiculous aspect of the future setting in Back to the Future was the part about the Cubs winning the World Series.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.