The guy with cancer who gave a 'last lecture' has died.

Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon University computer science professor whose final lecture inspired millions, died early today in Virginia of pancreatic cancer.

Dr. Pausch, 47, who turned the lecture into a book, said that no one would have been interested in his words of wisdom were he not a man in his 40s with a terminal illness, leaving behind a wife and three young children.

Source

Don't know who he is?

The 4 min. outline of what's going on

The actual last lecture

If this has already been posted, sorry, i'll delete it. i did a search, but i only looked at the first two pages of results.

Discuss.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
that was one of the most inspirational movies id ever watched... sad to see him go
xbox live gamertag: phillips215

I was hoping that by some miracle he'd pull through.

After reading the book (in one day, I couldn't put it down) it honestly almost made me cry at the end. And that was going in skeptical.

At least he was as ready for it as anyone probably could be.
Meh, you might think I'm in asshole, but...I watched a third of the lecture, and I just lost interest. It really didn't grab me. I got lost in the whole Aladdin VR thing, and after that, I just stopped watching. I guess I'm ADD or something...
I was on holiday and 3 days before coming home, i got a txt from a friend telling me that my girlfriend may have cheated on me while i was away. At the airport on the way home i bought the book - feeling pretty low and hoping it would b inspirational, or at least take my mind off things. I read the whole book on the flight an watched the lecture when i got home. Makes you consider your own life. Made me rethink my relationship. His death is very very sad news and condolences to every1 who knew him. R.I.P
That's a shame. I was hoping that by some sort of miracle that he would've pulled through. His lecture was very inspirational and I took alot from it. R.I.P Randy.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Quote by DeathForAll
Meh, you might think I'm in asshole, but...I watched a third of the lecture, and I just lost interest. It really didn't grab me. I got lost in the whole Aladdin VR thing, and after that, I just stopped watching. I guess I'm ADD or something...

+1. I was thinking a Martin Luther I have a dream speech though. Oh well too bad he died because he obviously inspired many other people.
R.I.P. You'll be missed Randy.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~