I've had my little LP for a few months now, and I have a few questions. First, I'm pretty certain it's a Les Paul Custom. I'm not entirely sure, but my guitar's specs match up closest to that (Pics attached, by the way.) But I could easily be wrong. You see, I bought it used. It was labeled "Epi LP" on the wall. But anyways, second, it has EMG's. I'm going to go ahead and assume that was the previous owner's doing. Thirdly, all the hardware is chrome, including the locking tuners. I can't find a single Epi Ebony Les Paul with chrome hardware. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? I'm just curious to know whether my baby is a backwater old Epi model, or if some insane fellow put hours and a couple hundred bucks of work into a guitar just to pawn it...... Hope y'all can help.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/kof_vader/l_03ba857d83131c41616f89207f4b5934.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/kof_vader/l_ed6868ed40e7e3ee0d94e555cc609b0a.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/kof_vader/IMGA0009.jpg
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
It looks to me as an Epi Les Paul Custom .. maybe the previous owner changed the tuners ?

I mean, there ARE custom epiphones with silver tuners but I don't think they are serial production

as long as it plays well
the previous owner must have modded it a bit. or it came stock with them. looks like an Epi LP Custom to me.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Looks like a custom, that's been modded. And it looks damn fine by the way.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Definately a modded custom, and a pretty sweet one at that. Congrats to you!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
looks like a custom cause it has its double binding!

wow i feel smart

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
Haven't got a clue, would guess at Custom, but it's a beaut.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
what is the serial number? it could be an older model (as it says "gibson" vertically on the trussrod cover like my '98 sheraton). still i'm pretty sure its a custom.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
yeah I think its a custom, and a nice one at that
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Personally i think it is fake. What year is it because i think it was post 2004 that is when Gibson was on the truss rod cover. Could i get the serial number off you.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
Personally i think it is fake. What year is it because i think it was post 2004 that is when Gibson was on the truss rod cover. Could i get the serial number off you.

I doubt it's fake, just modded.

Oh well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Looks nice.

It's just got the pick ups and hardware replaced, don't worry.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by keavader
I've had my little LP for a few months now, and I have a few questions. First, I'm pretty certain it's a Les Paul Custom. I'm not entirely sure, but my guitar's specs match up closest to that (Pics attached, by the way.) But I could easily be wrong. You see, I bought it used. It was labeled "Epi LP" on the wall. But anyways, second, it has EMG's. I'm going to go ahead and assume that was the previous owner's doing. Thirdly, all the hardware is chrome, including the locking tuners. I can't find a single Epi Ebony Les Paul with chrome hardware. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough? I'm just curious to know whether my baby is a backwater old Epi model, or if some insane fellow put hours and a couple hundred bucks of work into a guitar just to pawn it...... Hope y'all can help.

*fixed your link*

Although my Epi LP Custom Elite is a Japan-only model, if I'm not mistaken, the truss rod cover on the other-than-Japan models would also say Les Paul Custom.

And, like most Epi LPs, I always thought the truss rod cover always had 2 screws. For example, the MIJ Elitist for outside Japan is on the left, the for Japan model is on the right:

Unscrew the cover and see if it originally had the 2 screw holes. It's possible the previous owner kept the original and slapped a replacement because the shape also looks odd.

Epi' LP's have 3 screw truss rod covers now man.
Looks lovely, congrats.
Quote by I_am_spartacus
thats so stupid it made my left testical infertile...thanks...asshole
look how crooked that diamond is on that so called MIJ epi

here's a '04 epi head, look at the difference in the EPIPHONE..

even the writing is off and doesn't look right..

My Custom says Les Paul Custom on the truss cover.
But my Standard, my SG, and even my old Explorer said Gibson.

It's a Custom, definitely. Block inlays, bound body, bound headstock, triple-thick pickguard, split diamond inlay in the headstock....
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by IndianScout
I"m not saying the OP LP is fake, I'm talking about the reference MIJ example..

Interesting. I'm not sure about the crookedness but as far as the script, the one on Gibson's website is definitely different from the one you posted and closer to the MIJ models I posted.

Quote by IndianScout

Quote by Ippon
Interesting. I'm not sure about the crookedness but as far as the script, the one on Gibson's website is definitely different from the one you posted and closer to the MIJ models I posted.

damn you made me spit pepsi

lmfaoooooooooooooooooooo

here's my epi, thing plays killer..

have new pup's on the way for it..

Alright, seems I have a few people to respond to, so here goes. (Going in order of earliest posts...)

@Blompcube and KISSguitarist, serial # is I02061240

@ Ippon, I am pretty sure it's not MIJ. I looked at a few online and my Epi doesn't really match up with any online, despite potential mods.

So, basically, let's see what the serial shows up. The general concensus is that it's either MIJ (I don't think so, but perhaps) or it's pre-2004. Let me know guys and thanks to all that contributed ! :]
The Gear:
Fender Frontman 25R
Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ebony
it could be the limited edition model that was black and chrome and the precious owner modded the pickups, tuners, and pickguard
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
God, Epi Elitist headstocks look dumb, and strangely phallic. if I ever get one, I'm importing it from Japan.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by keavader
Alright, seems I have a few people to respond to, so here goes. (Going in order of earliest posts...)

@Blompcube and KISSguitarist, serial # is I02061240

@ Ippon, I am pretty sure it's not MIJ. I looked at a few online and my Epi doesn't really match up with any online, despite potential mods.

So, basically, let's see what the serial shows up. The general concensus is that it's either MIJ (I don't think so, but perhaps) or it's pre-2004. Let me know guys and thanks to all that contributed ! :]

Korean made (I think.) 2002, 6's month, production number 1240.
Quote by IndianScout

Many Epiphones use the 'spaghetti' script Epiphone logo. Not sure what the criteria is, but there are variations on the logo, just like Fender.
The inlay on the first fret, all the binding and the black knobs are obvious hints that its a Custom. maybe the gold hardware was replaced with chrome along with the pickups.
Quote by lpcustom325
it could be the limited edition model that was black and chrome and the precious owner modded the pickups, tuners, and pickguard

That's exactly what I'm thinking!

I have one of those ........ and it's also been modded quite a bit:

Quote by dcooper830
That's exactly what I'm thinking!

I have one of those ........ and it's also been modded quite a bit:

wow thats alot of modding, i wish that i could of bought one, i thought that it looked better black and chrome though
gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez RG
Peavey Nitro
Takamine EG-351SSC
Bugera 333xl 212

My Music:
MySpace
Facebook
add me!
It's an Epi LP Midnight Custom. Look it up in the reviews.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate