Why do certain things have such extreme 'haters' as well as hardcore fans?

I've noticed several different things that have fans that praise it to ungodly amounts, and then there are others who are violently against it.

The most notable to me, has been with Ibanez. I see too many people praising them to the point of ridiculousness. Then I see people who seem so against Ibanez that they might be tempted to murder over the subject.

I'm an Ibanez fan myself, but I am only a fan because I found them to be the best suited for me. I do not claim them to be "Divine tools sent from the Gods." Nor do I hold any hatred toward any other guitar manufacturer.

Why do so many people have the need to be so extreme with certain subjects?

I've also noticed this with certain bands, such as Iron Maiden etc...
Equipment:
---Ibanez RG5EX1 & Montage
---DigiTech RP250 & Jamman Stereo
---Stagg S300 (The 'S' is for Sucks)
---Yamaha G-55A

Please view my deviantArt page.
I have some pictures of a few of my guitars.
Quote by Drew_Entreri
Ibanez. Iron Maiden.

All I have to say about those things is: meh...

TS = proven wrong
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Puberty I guess.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i know what you mean, if you go anywhere on UG and ask for a guitar recomendation, you're guarenteed a whole lot of RG responses
Sig space available, give me some praise
This reminds me of the ongoing battle between Streetlight Manifesto and Catch 22. So many people seem to think that they actually CAN'T like both bands. I personally DO like both and I don't bother comparing them. Of course, this really doesn't mean anything to anyone who doesn't listen to ska...
Quote by mrwaffles
This reminds me of the ongoing battle between Streetlight Manifesto and Catch 22. So many people seem to think that they actually CAN'T like both bands. I personally DO like both and I don't bother comparing them. Of course, this really doesn't mean anything to anyone who doesn't listen to ska...

that megadeth and metallica to metalheads...
Quote by walkinbazooka
All I have to say about those things is: meh...

TS = proven wrong

He wasn't saying that everyone has really strong opinions on everything, just that some people have such varying, extreme opinions of things.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by Chrois
Answer: There are people who like things and people who don't.

The point I was trying to make was that people go far beyond sensible levels on those subjects. I know and understand that people have varied opinions, but I fail to recognize why many people are so closed minded towards anything outside of their own narrowed field of vision.
Equipment:
---Ibanez RG5EX1 & Montage
---DigiTech RP250 & Jamman Stereo
---Stagg S300 (The 'S' is for Sucks)
---Yamaha G-55A

Please view my deviantArt page.
I have some pictures of a few of my guitars.
the only brand i dislike is gibson. they rip you off big time. buy an epihone or sd and ull get just about as good guitar for a quarter of the price.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by ross1234
that megadeth and metallica to metalheads...

a great example. i love METALLICA but not so much of a fan of megadeth. i dont hate 'em, even enjoy a couple of their songs. but i also enjoyed seeing mustaine cry in the "some kind of monster" dvd...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
people are angry
its easy to hate and easy to love
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by joshua029
a great example. i love METALLICA but not so much of a fan of megadeth. i dont hate 'em, even enjoy a couple of their songs. but i also enjoyed seeing mustaine cry in the "some kind of monster" dvd...

according to dave, lars was the one who walked off crying
It's called a difference in opinion. As long as you're going to have a diverse demographic, it's going to happen.
Quote by SOADriff
the only brand i dislike is gibson. they rip you off big time. buy an epihone or sd and ull get just about as good guitar for a quarter of the price.

Unless you're at tart that is having one bought for you. Ahh. Life is bliss.

TS, it's human nature I'm afraid.
Mother Teresa, Hitler. If you follow what I'm saying.
Quote by Drew_Entreri
The point I was trying to make was that people go far beyond sensible levels on those subjects. I know and understand that people have varied opinions, but I fail to recognize why many people are so closed minded towards anything outside of their own narrowed field of vision.

People really really like things, and people really really hate things..
first comes the masses of diehard fans, THEN the masses of people who hate. Usually the people who hate something like that only hate it because of the masses of diehard fans.
Quote by joshua029

I like both bands, but Metallica do take the upper hand, in my eyes, even if they've only had four good albums in 25 years, whereas Megadeth have had a more reliable (well, not really) time.

But with the Some Kind of Monster thing, it was edited unfairly, I heard Lars was in tears as well, but they cut it so Mustaine was made out to look like the pathetic enemy whilst Lars stayed strong and admirable.

To answer TS's question, a lot of it seems reactionary, the Metallica vs Megadeth feud seems to be formed simply because Metallica booted Dave out - quite harshly - and then he formed a band to, essentially, piss off and beat Metallica. I bet there's a lot of hate for Ibanez because there's a lot of pretty sickening adoration for their, quite frankly, average guitars.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too