Well basically i took all the electronics out of my epi sg so i could repaint it. Then I got my neighbour to resolder it all and it was all in correctly accordin' to the schematic that related to the guitar. But when i plug it into my amp the pickups dont pick up any sound atall, any ideas?
Btw i checked my amp with my other guitar and it was fine so its definateley not the amp.
definitely something's wrong with the wiring.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
nah hes pretty sure its perfect, he wasnt sure if there was a break in one of the wires so he just completley rewired the whole thing accordin to the diagram. He wires radios n computer stuff as his job so hes pro at all this stuff. Hes just sayin the pickups might be broken?
Quote by black-serenade-
idk, its kinda impoossible to ruin 2 pickups at the same time

i agree. just by taking them out, i dont think they would malfunction.
take a look at the wiring of the input jack. that could be the problem.
yer, u got a point. any other ideas of what it could be?
btw, how could you break a pickup?
Quote by Falsealibis
yer, u got a point. any other ideas of what it could be?
btw, how could you break a pickup?

hammer it? you could try to rewire your guitar or let a different person wire it other than your friend. see what would happen.
Sounds like either an output jack issue (if you're getting no sound) or something isn't grounded properly (if there's buzzing or humming).
If there's NO sound (not even buzzing) the signal is probably getting grounded. Check to see if nothing is touching any ground points.

If you're getting lots of buzzing or other wierd noise, it could be any number of things. A broken wire, bad contacts/soldering, or something isn't properly grounded.