Ok can someone give me some help here? im thinking of buying an amp in the next year or 2, right now i have a 50W Marshall MG50DFX, now, which amp is better for a Digitech Grunge pedal, i was thinking Mesa/Boogie, but which one should i get, Marshall or Mesa/Boogie, or if there is any better quality amps out there, im look around 60-80W, thx
First off, get rid of that Digitech peda, throw it away, smash it up, stamp on it, just don't use it.

Second of all, don't limit yourself to 2 brands.

Tell us what styles of music you play, what guitars you have and how much money you have to spend

then we can help you
Yeah, like Clement said, you need to be more specific. Price range? Styles you play? Guitars you own? The tone you want?
Don't base your amp decision around what pedal you have. Base it around the style you play, which is what?
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Ok price range, to 600$, my styles, grunge/post grunge, alternative, metal, some acoustic, I own a Ibanez RG2EX1 guitar, later on when i buy this amp i hope to get a PRS Mccarty so idk if that would change anything
Last edited by IbanezRG2EX1 at Jul 26, 2008,
Maybe a B52, but i have no experience with those

Personally, id go for something like a DSL401 combo or maybe even a used 5150?
nvm, but what brand is really good for my style of playing, if any of u have my style of playing please give me advice on what amp i should get, thx
I was more talking to other users who might know.

But i did a little search and B52's seem to be a choice for grunge guitarists, B52 is the manufacturer but i have no idea what models there are.

As for DSL401 - thats made by marshall, a small tube amp that would easily have enough gain for grunge, or so i would imagine.

and a 5150 is a Peavey amp thats no longer produced as far as i know, get one off ebay, its praised for gain channels
If you want Marshall, you should get a DSL401. It's 40w, but that's enough for gigging with a tube amp.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by ClementWave

Personally, id go for something like a DSL401 combo or maybe even a used 5150?

I find the DSL401 a little lacking in gain when it comes to metal, but Marshall is a good way to go for TS's desired sound. A JCM800 2204 would be good, and can go for cheap on ebay. Couple that with a decent cab and youll get some nice sounds.

Edit: The DSL401 does have enough gain for grunge on its own. I suppose you could get another distortion pedal to give it that bit more boost for the metal tones.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
alright, ill take a look at some of these, i might be intersted in the b52's or a DSL401 thx, if theres any more amps for my style just post them
alright how about a distortion pedal, u said my grunge pedal is crap, which is a good one for like a nirvana or a shinedown Grunge/Post Grunge feeling?
Well the DSL401 on its own would easily have enough gain to use for those sorts of tones.

But i know Kurt used a DS1 and an Electro Harmonix Big Muff on most Nirvana recordings. But get the amp first and see how you like that, personally i think it would be great on its own.
Well Kurt Cobain used a Boss DS-2 and DS-1, so you could try that out.
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
alright thx, i looked on ebay for a dsl401, its $1,119.99, are there any other places thats in my price limit
Quote by drunkinkoala

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
haha alright thx, ill try and get this, but if it dont ill keep waiting on ebay then, thx alot everyone
I deleted my original post, I didn't notice the 1-2 year off mark. Open your options up to more brands.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 26, 2008,
Dude, 1 to 2 years for an amp? You have plenty of time to make a decision. In that time, you may even start disliking the music you like now. So choose your amp wisely. Maybe try something versatile.

But the brands which should be checked out are..

Randall.
Mesa Boogie.
Line 6. (stay away from their spider crap though)
Marshall.
Laney.
Splawn.
etc..

Try not to keep your options to two brands. There's a lot of brands out there.
Signatures are overrated.
but, i have been liking grunge and post-grunge music since i was 9, that was 6 years ago, i dont think ill change my mind in the next 2 years plus i live 20 miles from where breaking benjamin formed, my area is full of post grunge, i even looked this amp up on youtube and i like it