Guys, later today i am going to Guitar Center to try out a bass. I'm afraid I will look like a complete noob because I haven't played bass before. And GC salesmen LOVE to take advantage of noobs (you know, the "this one is more expensive, but so much better" strategy). And I know they will probably try and get me to buy something, when I don't want to buy something. Suggestions?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Man up and don't cry about it?

Seriously though, if your expecting them to take advantage of you. You're more likely to notice if they try and flog you something you don't need.
Quote by gangsta_rick
HAHA TWO WORDS f*CKING LEGEND

Finally a sig which shows another member praising me.

My work here is done
if you dont want to buy something dont buy it
Sig space available, give me some praise
Not all sales people are like that.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I used to have the same, but before you buy anything play it and compare it to cheaper stuff, and if you think the differences are worth the difference in money, than buy it. Plus you don't have to buy anything.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
If you've played guitar before, its not that big a difference, im sure you will be fine
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
Quote by ross1234
if you dont want to buy something dont buy it

Quote by jaz91
Man up and don't cry about it?

Seriously though, if your expecting them to take advantage of you. You're more likely to notice if they try and flog you something you don't need.

That's never happened to me before. I don't want them treating me differently. They did that before when I got my first guitar from them.
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Quote by ferretface
Guys, later today i am going to Guitar Center to try out a bass. I'm afraid I will look like a complete noob because I haven't played bass before. And GC salesmen LOVE to take advantage of noobs (you know, the "this one is more expensive, but so much better" strategy). And I know they will probably try and get me to buy something, when I don't want to buy something. Suggestions?

Learn about the products BEFORE going into any store...
GC does like to sell a lot and will try to get you to buy just about anything so they can keep their jobs.

if you are new to guitar or bass, play a few lower end units and pick one that feels right for you. Once you are sure you will stick with it, upgrade in a year or so...
kick them in the crotch. that's the only afvice i have at the moment. cherish it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Diamond Dave
go to the bass forum and find out what models are good quality beginner guitars and dont accept any bull**** from the salesman

PLEASE dont say that ever again...
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

just dont talk to a salesman, you dont have to
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Just ask them to try a bass, then say you're right and you'll ask them for more help if you need it.