I have been with my band for pretty much a half year. We've played at our school talent show, a few open mics, and a few parties. Recently, I have finally joined a band I have wanted to for a while now. I've decided to quit and play in my new band. When I told them they started to say I betrayed them and my drummer kept calling me f***ing spiteful.

Here are my reasons:
It's just not fun anymore. Its more work than fun and I no longer look forward to practices and shows with them. They call the band serious and all that but people fool around every practices and always fight and argue. I feel forced to be there and it really stresses me out.

Musically and skillwise I'm alot better than them and am more experienced (I don't wanna sound cocky or anything but its true).my bassist always gets pissed whenever I say that and has problems admitting and think i shouldn't say that. I feel musically limited and anything impressive I do is labeled as showing off. The new band fits me better and matches my sill pretty well.

My drummer acts super tough and pretty much curses every sentence. He's also bothered me and use to make fun of me a lot. He can't take criticism when everyone knows he's very sloppy.the bassist is really controlling and annoys me a lot. The other guitarist understand my reasons and agree with me.

So is this really that bad? I feel like these are legit reasons and they said a bunch of crap about me. I've done my best and gave everything I had to the band and worked the most when it seemed like they didnt care. Any questions just ask.
A good rule to life is that you can do what you like.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
i say go for it man. if your drummer thinks he's so good just tell him that if he's so good then finding someone shouldn't be too hard right? ;P jk
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
Same thing... kinda here. I'm probably better than my band members, and our practices are pretty much fooling around instead of really serious, but I don't like fooling around either, because we're not getting anything done. But than again, I'm pretty much in charge of writing songs I guess, and haven't been coming up with much at all. And the reason I haven't left is because I'm really not in the phase to leave, after all, we haven't even written one song, let alone do anything yet. I'll see how it goes. And I think your reasons are totally right, I would have done the same thing .
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
I wouldn't feel guilty. Your other boys just need to cut the drama and grow up. Maybe then, they'll be able to move forward.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
I wouldn't feel guilty. Your other boys just need to cut the drama and grow up. Maybe then, they'll be able to move forward.

CT

I was hoping either you and/or Slacker would reply. Thanks.
and what about me? m6y judgement cannot be important??? , nvm, i would have said something similar to chris, the fact that they are making such a fuss, just proves that they are too inmature to rely on. Good Luck
Ok, so far so good. The rhythm guitarist accepts and understand my decision. The bassist is becoming more understanding and accepting also. They've both said we'll be friends after all this and if I really want and if it can still rejoin in the future. I haven't told the drummer yet, that will be tomorrow. Honestly, even if he hates me its ok. He's really disliked throughtout my school and it can't be too bad if he hates me, he's not a good friend.
No prob. I think you'll feel better for having done so.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.