Just curious, I'm in the market for a LP and was looking at some used ones. I notice that the LP classic is consistently cheaper than the standard on ebay and craigslist. Is there any particular reason? I thought that they now cost the same new so I was assuming that their used price would also be similar.
I think it's because they don't do stuff to it, like cover the pickups and stuff. They're still good though, I just think they use 'cheaper' stuff on it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i disagree. i recall Slash owning one of these babies, and my older brother had the same one he used and he was in a professional touring band. the super hot crunchy sound of the ceramic coil pickups is much more satisifying than the more polished standard humbucker tone in my opinion.
given the chance, i would buy a classic over a standard any day. but that is just from my experience.
Classic > Standard

Well, it's just my opinion, but I prefer the classic pickups, other than that, they are the same.

496R+500T > Burstbucker
I personally like the look and feel of the classic over the standard..

the neck plays alot better too IMO...
crap pickups and plain top, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Because of the pups, probably
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Its cheaper because of the plain top and snot green inlays.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix