i've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and i'm satisfied with my playing ability. i believe that i'm rather good, but these days everyone plays guitar and so i've decided that i would like to learn to play drums as a new and fun instrument. if anyone here plays drums please offer your advice, what good drumsets there are. i'm looking for a GOOD drumset. not some n00b drumset starter kit, basically i dont want a 'squier' drumset if the drumset happened to be made by fender. thankyouuuuuuuu.

peace.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
pearl is a decent kit, but grestch & dw is very good...

remember to change the stock heads... they are always crappy.. :/

EDIT:

you don't really need a very very good looking set if your using it only for practice or for 'fun'. It's just like in guitar, you can't just buy an expensive ibanez or gibson, etc. if it's your first time, especially for practicing...

over the years as your skill improves, & at the same time your kit will grow (by adding hardwares, cymbals, toms, etc.)

A my first standard kit was:

1 sabian ride cymbal
1 sabian crash cymbal
2 rack toms (9x11" and a 10x12")
1 kickdrum or bass drum (18x22")
1 snare 5x14"
14" hi-hats
and some hardware stuff... like some extra cymbal stands, hi-hat stands, snare stands, etc.

and i'm currently saving money for 3 cymbals, 3 toms, and a gibraltar brace for the toms...
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh my ***ing god that pron one is like the best one ever and i have seen all of em. Congrats dude you just beat Kensai.
Last edited by DGBnpiy at Jul 26, 2008,
I have the same question would this be a good set but with replaced heads? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pulse-Pro-5Piece-Drum-Set-with-Cymbals-and-Black-Hardware-?sku=445369
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Vandals572
I have the same question would this be a good set but with replaced heads? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pulse-Pro-5Piece-Drum-Set-with-Cymbals-and-Black-Hardware-?sku=445369

YUP! that's a good starter kit....
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Oh my ***ing god that pron one is like the best one ever and i have seen all of em. Congrats dude you just beat Kensai.
search craigslist, you can usually find some great deals on kits on there. top dollar kits for great used prices. otherwise aim for something in the $300-$500 range to get started with, i got a tama kit for $500 and it's good quality.
also, many Tama sets are very good and are pretty inexpensive. Like i believe the rockstar set is about 500 and comes with a meinel crash, ride, and a mini china for free.
It's not the best but something good to learn on. If you are gonna be serious I'd recommend a cheap Mapex kit or a Tama kit. They are great sounding, quality make. I think they might be a bit out of your budget though.

Also for replacing the stock heads I'd try and get Remo Pinstripes on the batter side of the toms. Bass drum heads are pretty expensive so you could just change round what you keep inside for them. For snare heads I'd get Remo Ambassadors. But that's my opinion.

You can get cheap cymbal starter kits but usually they are pretty crap, such as the Paiste 101 series (which were my first lol) Sabian make great cymbals and tbh you only need hats, 16" crash and a 20" ride to start out with. Add as you improve.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
I got a Sound Percussion as my first kit, not that great I know, but it was the cheapest I could find. We also got some Paiste cymbals to start out with.