when i slap bass, while popping usually the area around my nail gets caught and i get cuts or scratches. any ways i can prevent this ?
Just gotta play through the pain 'til there is no pain, or no fingers, whichever happens first.
If it hurts, you're probably doing something wrong.

How long have you been slapping and popping for? Are you popping correctly?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Like Chris, I suspect its your technique but I also think you need to keep your nails a bit shorter as well as cutting back on the dead cuticle which keeps getting "caught". As a female who really isn't into the whole nail salon thing, I am not suggesting you get a full on manicure, but if you keep you nails short and clean, it will help.

psst and btw way, girls do like trimmed clain fingernails on a guy...that's another plus for you.
Quote by anarkee
Like Chris, I suspect its your technique but I also think you need to keep your nails a bit shorter as well as cutting back on the dead cuticle which keeps getting "caught". As a female who really isn't into the whole nail salon thing, I am not suggesting you get a full on manicure, but if you keep you nails short and clean, it will help.

psst and btw way, girls do like trimmed clain fingernails on a guy...that's another plus for you.

no you guys got it all wrong,

first of all we are talking about 2 different things.
second i cut my nails and am a well groomed man thank you very much

3rd : thats not what im talking about , im talking about

that part always for some reason gets caught by the string and gets cut so it stings like **** to play.
Quote by Taygunov
no you guys got it all wrong,

first of all we are talking about 2 different things.
second i cut my nails and am a well groomed man thank you very much

3rd : thats not what im talking about , im talking about

that part always for some reason gets caught by the string and gets cut so it stings like **** to play.

and another thing ive been playing slap for almost a year and i already have calises, its none of that
Quote by Taygunov
and another thing ive been playing slap for almost a year and i already have calises, its none of that

How are you hitting that part on the string?

Does this only occur when you pop on the D string?
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Quote by Nutter_101
How are you hitting that part on the string?

Does this only occur when you pop on the D string?

well i have a 6 string so it happens every time i pop a G or D , and only lately i have been having this problem ? maybe i was starting to make a mistake and now i forgot to fix it so im used to it ?
I see what you mean, you might want to slow down, or not put so much effort into the pop.

Slide it under the string, then pull up. Don't be so violent on the initial catching of the string.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!