Page 1 of 4
i dont get it. do girl guitarists have it alot easier then guys?
i just watched a video of a girl "shredding" and it sounded like a dying cow but all the users just complimented her on her style

heres vid mentioned:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWdzAMBGCI

EDIT: ok maybe not all the users
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Last edited by minixmin at Jul 26, 2008,
They're probably just wondering what she looks like with her top off.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
idk.. she kick my ass.. but i kinda suck too.. i cant do those thing like between 6 and 8 seconds
u know?
i just dont get it
Yeah you sound like your being sexist but then it's normally true anyway.
What a **** world it is sometimes.
None of the comments I saw were complimenting her style, they all seemed to be critising her for lack of feeling and for only playing fast, the same as many videos of guys playing.
ouch that was awful
its because any female who plays guitar is automatically considered awesome because theres a shortage.Pplus if they dont look like **** theyil automatically considered great because most guys use their trouser brain.
i dono but if you want to see a girl that can actually shred search for the great kat
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Last edited by selkies at Jul 26, 2008,
Most comments were saying to play cleaner, work on accuracy, and to play slower + with some emotion. Just sounds constructive? Not like they are praising her or anything?
if you look at some of her other videos they don't sound as bad as that one though
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
Most of the comments weren't 'OMGZ A GIRL PLAYING GUITAR' actually...

"O yes i loved it, Shredding Rules and so do you! This drummer gives you a loud 5/5"

I did find this funny though. Drummers eh?
she's not bad at playing the style she wants
people should stop thinking about gender its just overrated
Dick+strings= owww
Yeah, I've seen that vid before and noticed the same thing, but I guess I drew the same conclusion as everyone else. Girl playing badly > Yngwie Malmsteen
I was impressed. I can't slide that fast.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
yea my bad for saying that alot of ppl complimented her. and im not being sexist but it just seems that way
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
since when did trem picking while slamming your hands into the fret board = shredding?

but then i guess from a lot of people she gets extra points for boobs
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Maybe all the comments are nice because she's only 15? Ever think about that?
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Well, one of the comments said
"Thanks, now I need prosthetic ears"
Quote by srvflood
Maybe all the comments are nice because she's only 15? Ever think about that?

why should age matter though, i understand she's younger ... but really she can't play fast, she needs to start working on coordination, telling her she's greta may seem nice, but all it's going to do is hurt her playing in the long run

to me she's no different to those people that go on (insert nation) idol and they're convinced they have an amazing voice .... but they dont.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
well im only 15 and people have told me that i have no sense of variation
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
She is good : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKvyqG7Nc4

This one too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMNg5CfSRY&feature=related

And this one, too xD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCOOa6_aRIM&feature=related

The girl from the first video is not that good, I'm 15 too, age doesn't matter, one guy from my guitar school is 14 and he plays as good and as fast as me, SRV was younger than JV, but he was great =)
Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
She ruined the Stairway solo

I second that >_>
well dang, i didn't even watch the video, i just never met anyone who plays the guitar.. and is female lol...
Don't get me wrong, i've played the guitar with female musicians before, and I judge them at musical talent the way i "judge" everyone at musical talent. If they're doing what they like to do, they don't deserve criticism.
If she just sat down and thought some things through, she could be a killer. right now though, it was just horrible, horrible wanking
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
check out susana hoffs (the bangles)
the guitarist for the donnas
nancy heart...from heart
joan jett
ole whats her face that plays slide guitar on a strat, she been around for ever...bonnie rait or some thing of that natur
wendy o williams from the plasmatics....mabey not........
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I saw a Chinese lady playing Pagannini's 24th caprice on classical guitar and it was beautiful. Unfortunately all other girl "shredders" I've seen sound like they are just jamming a bunch of notes as fast as they can. I haven't been looking for girl shredders religiously though so I haven't seen to many.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
I've seen Youtube videos of people at 15 playing and they get insults all the time. Age doesn't matter

EDIT: I hate it when my friends use my computer without changing accounts...
Last edited by Kikral at Jul 27, 2008,
My ears hurt..

She just played random shred without a damn key. God damn..
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Quote by KFKing
I saw a Chinese lady playing Pagannini's 24th caprice on classical guitar and it was beautiful. Unfortunately all other girl "shredders" I've seen sound like they are just jamming a bunch of notes as fast as they can. I haven't been looking for girl shredders religiously though so I haven't seen to many.

check out lori linstruth, her bands stuff isn't really to my taste but she's a pretty awesome player.

Quote by insomniac_style
she's better than me, hands down. but she's not got much rhythm, just watched her version of canon rock, a bit sloppy imo

so the fact that she seems to have no idea of key, scales ... or coordination between her picking hand and her fretting hand doesn't bother you?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Last edited by tommyt at Jul 27, 2008,
My ears hurt.

I know like, 5 girls who play guitar, but 3 just started.

Kinda pisses me off, everyone is starting guitar in school this year, and I'm an old player who has to deal with it. They are all high and mighty 'Oh heyyy, I can pwn this guitar' then they suck and say they ruled. Its looks, its all looks.
She sucks so bad. Everyone should lie to her so she does gigs and gets booed off stage.
Quote by shiroun
My ears hurt.

I know like, 5 girls who play guitar, but 3 just started.

Kinda pisses me off, everyone is starting guitar in school this year, and I'm an old player who has to deal with it. They are all high and mighty 'Oh heyyy, I can pwn this guitar' then they suck and say they ruled. Its looks, its all looks.

Why don't you give them constructive constructive criticism ?

OR Simply invite them to jam with you, so you can show them how they should play and not just talk about how they play ?
She sucks... but so do most guys, especially at 15. I think people are being nicer because, well, she's a girl and people are generally more polite to girls.
ive been playing for 3 years and id like to think that im pretty good i cant shred with the best of them and i wont try to, so i dont look like that chick that just epically failed, i can do some legato stuff and a few sweeps but thats as far as im fast playing gos, but i think i do a good job on the statutory ape solo by black dahlia murder but then again its easy =[

crappy youtube girl players making us all look bad =\
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by minixmin
i dont get it. do girl guitarists have it alot easier then guys?
i just watched a video of a girl "shredding" and it sounded like a dying cow but all the users just complimented her on her style

heres vid mentioned:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZzWdzAMBGCI

EDIT: ok maybe not all the users

It's just because the majority of people who comment on YouTube (and here on UG as well) are young males, who are horny as ****. Any slightly attractive female guitarist is going to get a lot of positive responses, usually followed by "asl?" lol. And who can blame them? I'd shag a girl guitarist, anyday!
Most fifteen year olds that play guitar cannot even approach this from a technical standpoint.

THat being said, both melodically and rhythmically she's all but entirely ignored her back track with the exception of the last note. The things she's running and the notes she's playing are completely irrelevant and sound completely irrelevant. There's also virtually no rhythmic variation.
Just like far too many other shredders (regardless of gender), both famous and recognised and otherwise, she seems all too focused on cramming as many notes as possible into as little time as possible.

A friend of mine is recognised as the best classical guitarist under nineteen in Canada. This guitarist is also a woman.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by bjoern_swe
If she just sat down and thought some things through, she could be a killer. right now though, it was just horrible, horrible wanking

If she named a video 'Horrible Wanking' I'm guessing it would get an excess of 1,000,000+ views!!

Cam Sampbell's my hero
Page 1 of 4