Page 1 of 2
Right,There have probably been many of these. But what is up with everyone moaning about how s*** and crappy Line 6 Spider III amps are. When the majority of people interested in them are like me,not playing for a band only been playing a year and 3 months,i'm not going crazyass for some son of satan tube amp. I'm not planning on getting the best pickups around to put in one f****** amazing guitar to run through an amp Matt Bellamy would be using on an arena world tour. Forgive my frustration but when the majority of people bash Line 6 for making a decent guitar amp with some inbuilt effects and presets which is NOT targeted at people gigging on a regular basis it just pisses me off. So,more to the point, Line 6 Spider III 75 watt head...Yes,no?
And no,I don't want a roland cube,or a VOX valvetronix,i've played through those and they don't give me what I get out of the Line 6.
Is all guys. Keep your hate out and man up hater bitches
if you like the spider then buy one.

why do you want to get a head though?
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
+1 to Flextone.
and why an amp head? are you going for a half stack? if it's just for home use, a combo would be a better option.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Last edited by leviticus_22953 at Jul 26, 2008,
you might not care now, but in a couple of months once you develope an ear for tone, you'll regret your purchase
Quote by Lucifer1805
Right,There have probably been many of these. But what is up with everyone moaning about how s*** and crappy Line 6 Spider III amps are. When the majority of people interested in them are like me,not playing for a band only been playing a year and 3 months,i'm not going crazyass for some son of satan tube amp. I'm not planning on getting the best pickups around to put in one f****** amazing guitar to run through an amp Matt Bellamy would be using on an arena world tour. Forgive my frustration but when the majority of people bash Line 6 for making a decent guitar amp with some inbuilt effects and presets which is NOT targeted at people gigging on a regular basis it just pisses me off. So,more to the point, Line 6 Spider III 75 watt head...Yes,no?
And no,I don't want a roland cube,or a VOX valvetronix,i've played through those and they don't give me what I get out of the Line 6.
Is all guys. Keep your hate out and man up hater bitches

you just cancelled out your own argument.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
spider 3 rules those bitches probaly have jobs and spend all their money on other stuff spider 3 is the best priced amp with a crap load of features even if it's a solid state amp compare the 400 line 6 spider 3 amp to a 1000+ tube amp in the end tube amps are better but spider 3 is ur choice if u dun have a lot of $$$
Quote by Blompcube
you just cancelled out your own argument.

thus this thread becomes pointless
get the head. just the head though. cabinents are a waste of money. they're just there to make your amp look bigger.

you should look into marshall mg heads too, fantastic amplifiers.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
As you say you arent gigging and havent been playing that long so you arent going to need a half stack anytime soon. Its not total hate for spiders. The little 15 watt arent bad for their use as a practice amp. But their bigger amps are just more powerful practice amps. And to get full use from one you gotta get the extra pedal to operate the channels which adds considerably to the cost. And the reliability of spiders is not very good. Most of the people I have met personally who had a spider 1st thing they ask is where to get one fixed. If you want all the modelling and effects a multifx like a pod etc is way better run into a basic 2 channel amp.
Spider's are an "okay" amp...I've had this 75W Spider III for a year. I'm craving a better tone and a tube combo cuz I play metal in my band and it's a better choice.
So...it depends on your style really. One thing I love about this amp is versatility. On the other hand, I just use a clean setting + delay and chorus flange. Then it's just Metal/Insane for the rest.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Dreaming-V
spider 3 rules those bitches probaly have jobs and spend all their money on other stuff spider 3 is the best priced amp with a crap load of features even if it's a solid state amp compare the 400 line 6 spider 3 amp to a 1000+ tube amp in the end tube amps are better but spider 3 is ur choice if u dun have a lot of $$$

you could get a good tube amp for "400". i managed to get a Laney VC30 for £200 (approx $400 US). There are better, cheaper/same price alternatives. The spider isn't as bad as everyone here says it is i know, but nor does it "rule".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Tackleberry
As you say you arent gigging and havent been playing that long so you arent going to need a half stack anytime soon. Its not total hate for spiders. The little 15 watt arent bad for their use as a practice amp. But their bigger amps are just more powerful practice amps. And to get full use from one you gotta get the extra pedal to operate the channels which adds considerably to the cost. And the reliability of spiders is not very good. Most of the people I have met personally who had a spider 1st thing they ask is where to get one fixed. If you want all the modelling and effects a multifx like a pod etc is way better run into a basic 2 channel amp.

Mine broke down four times.
Needless to say, I traded it in and got my $300 back.
Everyone bashes those amps for a reason. If you don't want to listen to our criticism and advice, go somewhere else. I'm gonna repeat the same thing everyone else says when this argument comes up. For the same price, you can get a great tube amp.

Spider III Head
Or
Peavey Windsor Studio

Not to mention you'll have to shell out another $500-600 on a decent cab for the Spider III head. If you want to waste your money on a sub-par amp, go right ahead. You've been warned.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Tubes amps for 400:

Valveking
Windsor
Classic 30
Traynor
Epiphone Valve junior

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

flextone is £269 where I am
I'm looking to spend about £169 tops
see my problem with flextone?
the whole i can't afford it and i don't get anymore money until christmas
yes i could wait another 5 months
but i'm struggling to keep an interest in playing guitar with a 10w squier amp
i'm sure you know how i must feel playing through that when i play metal
so yeh
btw the job things out because i've been looking for a job for months
and its official that here in england there are basically no jobs
immigrants have them all....no really they do
Quote by impeachpedro10
get the head. just the head though. cabinents are a waste of money. they're just there to make your amp look bigger.

you should look into marshall mg heads too, fantastic amplifiers.

I'll assume that a certain amount of sarcasm is present in this post, considering you're getting a 6505 soon.
Go to your local shops and look at some used tube amps and a tube screamer or a bad monkey, im sure you can talk them down some.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Lucifer1805
so yeh

this is true - and the reason why i'm staying in college for at least 2 more years - but couldn't you try to get one used?

For £169 you can get a Used Valveking 112 which will cream the Spider 3 into oblivion.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
If you get the Line 6 Head, you'll need to get a cab too. I see Spider III HD75's going for around £130 new, which leaves you £30 for a cab...

even if there is a cab for £30, its probably going to make your head sound even crapper than your Squire amp.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-15/9545 Would be better IMO.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
ok now this may sound extremely stupid but as far as i know
you don't NEED a cab for a head
do you?
again,playing a year and i've been stuck with a 15watt basic squier amp
i don't know too much about needing cabs unless your looking for power
Quote by Lucifer1805
do you?

.......yes you need a cab.
Quote by Lucifer1805
do you?

Where do you think the sound would come from? There are no speakers in a head.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yes you do. The cab is the thing with the actual speakers in it. If you run a head with no speaker load, they'll be no sound at it will break.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Yes, you need a cab. And dont think you can just get any cab and it'll sound the same as an expensive one, a cab can greatly alter your tone.

I get the picture you want a head to look cool (by all means, correct me if im wrong). unless your gigging, or in need of huge amounts of volume (which i cant see you needing unless your gigging), you are better off with a combo imo.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
can we get back on topic then about what amp to get instead of a head
instead of 4 people mimicing each other only to put in more detail of what the last person said
so
amp combo's
marshall MG50DFX
line 6 spider III 30
valvetronix AD-30VT
epiphone triggerman 60DSP
marshall zakk mini stack
not the roland i personally dislike it
so
anymore to add to the list i have to think about?
Last edited by Lucifer1805 at Jul 26, 2008,
What the hell was the topic? Obvious troll is obvious?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I like how you're trying to convince everybody how great the Spider is, but yet you know jack **** about amps in general. I have a Spider III 75 and I'll be the first to admit it's not a great amp. There are way better amps in the same price range.

And why would you want a head if you don't gig? That makes no sense at all.
Quote by Prog_Metal
I like how you're trying to convince everybody how great the Spider is, but yet you know jack **** about amps in general. I have a Spider III 75 and I'll be the first to admit it's not a great amp. There are way better amps in the same price range.

And why would you want a head if you don't gig? That makes no sense at all.

i'm not convincing anyone spider amps are great
but they're not absolute ****e when they're targeted at players who aren't as experienced
thats why line 6 have more than just the spider series
not once did i state that they are great
if anything i may have implied they are great value for beginners if they're looking around for something with effects
yes there are other competitors out there that are similar
and i didn't claim to know anything did i
i stated what i'm fed up of hearing about line 6 amps
not line 6 spider amps
not all line 6 amps are said to be s***, just the spiders. and they're not bashed as practice amps but as gigging amps. out of your choice of amps, the Vox AD30VT is the best choice. see also Roland Cubes.
the reason the spiders get bashed is because they are overpriced, dont sound great, and people buy the big ones. go ahead and get a 15w spider, its a decent practice amp. but once you start looking at the bigger ones, you are wasting your money. the 75w spider head is just a really loud practice amp that you are going to have to replace when you want to play with other people. id rather spend my money on something well built and that i will like in 6 months, even if it is fairly quiet.
Because I have one.. the Line 6 Spider Amp sucks ...and I usually like Line 6 products!

Why
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Lucifer1805
so yeh

Most of the migrant workers are doing low-paid jobs that nobody else wants to do. If there weren't so many lazy, worthless people in the UK we wouldn't need migrant workers.

If you're looking to spend £169 then the cube is the best bet, the Spider is atrocious - I can't for the life of me imagine what it its you think is so special about it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Blompcube
this is true - and the reason why i'm staying in college for at least 2 more years - but couldn't you try to get one used?

what a load of rubbish get off ur arses u bums. theres loads of jobs for the taking.

what did u do go out with ur cv for a few hours and expect to find one.

i have loads of mates like u to lazy to try and get a job complain all the time and blame it on everything ecept that they cba to go look for one fully.
Quote by Lucifer1805
do you?

ok you clearly are out of your depth.

Go away, do some research before looking into exactly WHAT amp to buy, then come back.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by darksideoftom
what a load of rubbish get off ur arses u bums. theres loads of jobs for the taking.

what did u do go out with ur cv for a few hours and expect to find one.

i have loads of mates like u to lazy to try and get a job complain all the time and blame it on everything ecept that they cba to go look for one fully.

no. i went to college, got an application form for the full-time music course, filled in the application form, handed it back to the college, then they phoned me and asked for me to go to an interview, so i went back to college, they interviewed me and i got accepted onto the course, now i have to wait till september.

whats lazy about studying more to get more qualifications in relevant subjects to give me a better chance of doing a job i'll actually be motivated to do, therefore work hard and be happy?

all you're doing is demotivating me by calling me lazy for staying in full-time education just a little longer so i have the necessary qualifications to do a job i'm passionate about. if you have a problem with that, keep it to yourself.

Anyway never mind that, this thread is about the spider III, not about the screwed up economy.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 26, 2008,
The spiders have terrible tone.
When I first got mine, it was great.
Now I have a £200 box sitting around doing nothing - and the only thing it does do is sound like a bee hive, and I'm serious, it DOES.

I say get something else with a better tone. Maybe a POD?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Dreaming-V
compare the 400 line 6 spider 3 amp to a 1000+ tube amp in the end tube amps are better but spider 3 is ur choice if u dun have a lot of $$$

Your point being...........?
Even if the Line 6 is a good budget amp, whre does the tube amp, its price, and its tone come in?
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Page 1 of 2