I have an ibanez gio lefty and the pickups are rusted because someone left my guitar on the floor and my sisters dog peed on it so i need new pickups.

I play mostly ac/dc and black sabbath with some metallica and hendrix.

what pickups should i buy?

I was thinking of the angus young signature or iommi signature.

or 2 humbuckers and a single coil

or 1 humbucker and single coil

(not sure what brand so can you help me out)
you don't buy new pups for that guitar, you buy the new guitar instead. It's not worth it to buy pups for low end guitars.
Quote by Ghold125
you don't buy new pups for that guitar, you buy the new guitar instead. It's not worth it to buy pups for low end guitars.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
a new guitar with better wood, hardware, quality AND pickups would be better.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
i agree 100% with both of the people above me.. there is no point spending over a hundred bucks on pickups when the guitar isn't worth it.
problem is it was and is the best lefty at all the music stores around where i live exept for one which is 1200 $ way out of my price range
Hm, even if you buy a new guitar, chances are you'd want to change the pickups in it aswell, plus adding that there aren't many choices for lefty guitarists sucks too. if you buy some now and put em in the gio for the meantime, then hey, go for it.
not sure about what brands, maybe seymour duncan SH-14 and a TB-14, both humbuckers (you mentioned adding a single coil, you'd need to route for that, or is the gio you have an HSH?)
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
i dont think i want to route for the single coils so i wont get them and im not sure exactly what model it is i just know its a gio. i looked at the links and like the schecter artists thing but i dont really want a black finish but the epiphones may be something i save up for but ive been saving up for an epiphone sg and i really dont want to spend that money right now but i have other money which i was goin to buy new pickups but i may use the pickup money for the esp
Last edited by lefthandguitar at Jul 26, 2008,
like stated earlier, its not worth to put in new pickups in that guitar. i would assume you have a small practice amp. the difference in tone would be almost negligible. i say use the money you saved for a new guitar,
Quote by leviticus_22953
like stated earlier, its not worth to put in new pickups in that guitar. i would assume you have a small practice amp. the difference in tone would be almost negligible. i say use the money you saved for a new guitar,

well okay ill just save for a new guitar but a small practice amp? i guess thats what i have i have a 15 watt spider III plus a small marshall ms-2 1 watt and a fender squire sidekick.

the pickups still work its just they dont work as good but would it be possible to sand down the rust?
Quote by lefthandguitar
well okay ill just save for a new guitar but a small practice amp? i guess thats what i have i have a 15 watt spider III plus a small marshall ms-2 1 watt and a fender squire sidekick.

the pickups still work its just they dont work as good but would it be possible to sand down the rust?

i dunno about sanding the pickups. it could probably mess with the pickup. they still work dont they? until you've saved up for a new guitar, or amp perhaps, make use of what you have now.
did you kill her dog?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
did you kill her dog?

he probably cut the dog's penis.
Well thats a start, if one of our dogs peed on one my guitars, I'd be pretty pissed.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Still, rusty pickups don't mean you need new ones.
You say they don't work as good, but rust has NO effect on their functionality.

Trust me.

the dog pee f***** up the electronics? but i agree, it should still work properly even with rust on the pole pieces.
Ok well this problem has been solved My little cousin dropped my guitar and the neck broke and now i have a Gibson SG so it all worked out.
Originally posted by Beatallica_fan
next weeks installment, John tells us of the time he played in a band with Elvis's drummers, second cousins mother on harmonica and they invented grunge.