I'm doing a swirl finish for my "almost good" Schecter Omen 6. While it's all taken apart I'm thinking about buying a maple soloist neck from Warmoth and new pickups. I'm undecided on what pickups. I don't really have a budget and I don't really need huge amounts of gain. The heaviest stuff I ever play is Van Halen, Buckethead, and Rage Against the Machine. I never really used the neck pickups for humbucking sounds (I think it's too fat) so I think I'll buy a Fender Humbucker and coil split it. I'll leave it on single coil mode most of the time, but I'll still have the option of humbucking if I'm in the mood. So basically: bitey bridge pickup, good coil splittable neck pickup.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

That won't work all that well - if you want a single coil then either get a single coil or get a humbucker that sounds more like one, the Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell springs to mind. For the bridge something Like the Dimarzio Norton or Airzone, or perhaps the Duncan Custom 5.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Custom 5/59.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Hmmm...So what if I got the SH-5 for the bridge and the SCR-1 for the neck? Would they be very balanced? If they aren't, is there something I can do to balance their volumes more equally?

EDIT: If I were to get the SCR-1 in the neck, how would I put it in my guitar? The Schecter Omen 6 doesn't have a pickguard because the top is carved and there are two humbucker sized cavities in the body so it would just be floating around in the cavity...
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Last edited by VoodooCow229 at Jul 26, 2008,
I don't know that a Warmoth neck will fit. Warmoth necks are only built to Fender neck heel/pocket specs.

As for how to mount a real single coil, there are some humbucker rout covers that will facilitate mounting a single coil there. I think there's one at allparts.com, but I don't know how it would work in your guitar.
bridge - Dimarzio Norton, Dimarzio Steve's Special
neck - Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell, Dimarzio Air Classic
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects: