I know that this is probably a really weird thread but I have to make sure if I'm not losing my mind.

A couple days ago, I was listening to Warning by Green Day and my dog immediately sat up with wide eyes and started like smiling. Naturally i thought it was ****ING WEIRD but I decided to try some other songs. He didn't react to Audioslave, Lamb of God, AFI or Avenged Sevenfold, he would only react to Green Day songs.

Does anyone else have pets that like music or am I a total nut-job?
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
i havent noticed my dogs paying attention to music, but i was playing half life 2, and towards the beginning theres a part with a robotic dog
and a voice kept yelling "DOG!" and my dog flipped out and starting running around my room
Quote by prplhazed
i havent noticed my dogs paying attention to music, but i was playing half life 2, and towards the beginning theres a part with a robotic dog
and a voice kept yelling "DOG!" and my dog flipped out and starting running around my room

haha that's awesome
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I bet you Green Day put subliminal messages in their songs in frequencies that only dogs can hear, and they're training the pets of the world to stage a hostile takeover.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
+1 to the pic of your dog smiling.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
My fat cat likes country I think. He always sits in my sisters room when she listens to it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by prplhazed

I absolutely LOVE Dog in that game!
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Dude, post of picture of your dog smiling

Just do it

My cats watch me. Also if its to loud they walk out. At least I think its cause its to loud....
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
My hamster plays the clarinet.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i'l post a pic when i some batteries for my camera :P
I'm not here to inspire you. I'm here to make your own life seem slightly less sad by comparison.
my dog sits right next to me when im playing guitar
he doesnt smile tho
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
sometimes when i be playin guitar my pets will come in for a few min then leave
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Idk unless there is somehow some super high freqs recorded on to that greenday CD. I know for a fact dogs can't really "hear" what we call music, I mean Imagine if you were to just pound three note chords at the very bottom end of a piano, it sounds real muddy like and you cant even tell teh notes apart at all. While dog's hearing is way better than human hearing, their hearing range is centered a lot higher so what we call music would sound to them like my piano example does to us.
My parrot (who hates all mankind and once bit a piece of my dad's ear off) LOVES rocking out to Guns 'n Roses. He actually headbangs! Watching him while blasting "Welcome to the Jungle" is priceless.