Page 1 of 4
I live in a south asian country and there are no Gibsons, Fenders, Taylors or even Epiphones(manufacturing in asia) to be found in my country. And four years ago I had to pick my first electric guitar for a budget around 150USDs. Back then I was 14 and had no knowledge about guitars and this is what I picked for 180USD.

The brand is Kapok. I searched on the internet for the brand name and there were no results according a manufacturing company with that name, but a wikipedia article with a few lines.(anyone could have writen that.)
I know it looks ok in the pic above but read the following and take a closer look again.

These are the reasons for this being the worst guitar ever-

*First of all I can't place my hand over the brigde, coz the elbow hits the side of the da** spike like thing when I try to do that.

*My fingers hit the tone controller when I strum a chord! And sometimes the pickup selector.

*Can't sit with it, it just doesn't stay pararrel to the ground.(I have to push hard with my elbow to make it pararrel, then the upper part lifts and looses its balance.)

*And can't stand with it!!! When I put the strap it doesn't stay balanced, the head side falls down, so I have to hold it with my left hand while playing, and it really hurts in about 3 minutes at middle of any song. I just took it to a guitar shop and they put a strap button on the side but didn't work.

*The sound is terrible when I plug it into a good amp, it sounds like a toy guitar. And when I strum a chord I can hear other dozen of buzzing sounds coming out of it.

*Intonation is so bad. If the open string is in tune, the 1st 2nd 3rd... frets doesn't sound the notes that it should sound. To make this right I have to remove all the frets and it's not worth it.

And there are other hundreds of little things that I didn't mention above. Post if you have any guitar worser than this.
Last edited by YA89 at Aug 8, 2008,
Had a cheap ass acoustic called a "Thor". Kickass name I know. I can't find anything on Google about the company... shoddy piece of ****. I swear, it was made of plywood and it was like playing a cheese grater. The action was ridiculously high.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
my brother had a guitar called an Archer. it was a horrible Strat clone. on the G string, if you played above the twelfth fret, every single note was the same. playing the 15th fret or the 17th made the exact same note. there were also the usual off-brand complaints of bad action, intonation, tone, etc.
Quote by dandadog
That looks awesome in the pic. But no, I don't have a bad Guitar like that.

The only good thing about this is the "look".
Epiphone G-310. it sounded meh, but the neck was supposed to be mahogany, and it was probably basswood. The neck bowed beyond adjustment, and it, well, died.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ibanez GRG170DX

Can't hold tuning
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by blacksides
my brother had a guitar called an Archer. it was a horrible Strat clone. on the G string, if you played above the twelfth fret, every single note was the same. playing the 15th fret or the 17th made the exact same note.

Haha, I had this problem too, this happens when one of the frets are taller than the lower ones. But i fixed it.
Last edited by YA89 at Jul 26, 2008,
My strings are too high off the fret board, I can't lower then because the pickups are HUGE and the strings will hit the pickups, high E string won't stay tuned, And my amp sucks pretty bad too.. Washburn BD-12
Well I had the Yamaha electric thats in my sig and i thought it was just a really bad guitar. Turned out the electronics were just faulty so im hoping to fix that up here in a bit.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I used to have a shoddy flying-v copy I brought from a friend, it was so bad I couldn't physically play it and it was impossible to play sitting down, I sold it (for £25, most I could get) and got a Les Paul copy which is completely awesome.

Forgot to mention my Dad got an Encore Strat Copy from Argos, it's not a bad guitar until you plug it up, I only really use it for experimenting with different tunings and techniques, the whammy bar and if I need to move around alot of sit somewhere where I might damage it, as a result there are scratches and dents all over it but I don't really care.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by t_y_l_e_r
I used to have a squire. Biggest mistake ever.

i havent played cheapest squiers, but my standart stratocaster aint so bad. maybe sound is a bit thin, but it is almost good as mim fenders.
Quote by t_y_l_e_r
I used to have a squire. Biggest mistake ever.

haha everyone buys a squire as their first guitar. i was in 4th grade in my local music shop, brands didnt mean anything to me, i just saw the squire and i loved it. about a year later i realized i should have looked into it further lol
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I wanted a guitar, so my parents got me a First Act from wal-mart.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
That guitar looks sweet, too bad it sucked.

My worst guitar was a Fender Starcaster starter pack guitar. It was set up okay, but it just sucked overall.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by rage6945
haha everyone buys a squire as their first guitar. i was in 4th grade in my local music shop, brands didnt mean anything to me, i just saw the squire and i loved it. about a year later i realized i should have looked into it further lol

My parents bought mine for my birthday last year.

They probably though I'd stop playing after a few months so they didn't want to put much money into it.

Are they really that bad though...?

^ Haha tits on a whale.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by GiantRaven
Thats seriously tits on a whale

What's with the whole "Tits on a whale" thing?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i had a marlin explorer copy.

looked nice and all. but again balancing problem which i didnt like and the sound wasnt the best really.
Intonation can be fixed.

Neck dive is down to shape, rather than construction. Same goes for resting your hand on the bridge.

Not knocking the controls is probably down toa more controlled technique, so your hand doesn't overshoot so much when strumming.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
My first guitar was an awful Harmony acoustic. I went to their site to find a pic, and apparently, Harmony have decided to stop sucking, and have started making reissues of their older models from the '50s and '60s, as well as more modern designs, instead of the shitty-ass guitars they were making for JC Penney.

www.harmonyguitars.com
Quote by Holy Katana
My first guitar was an awful Harmony acoustic. I went to their site to find a pic, and apparently, Harmony have decided to stop sucking, and have started making reissues of their older models from the '50s and '60s, as well as more modern designs, instead of the shitty-ass guitars they were making for JC Penney.

www.harmonyguitars.com

those LP copies actually look pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
What's with the whole "Tits on a whale" thing?

This

Are the cheap squire strats really that bad?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by oneblackened
those LP copies actually look pretty good.

Exactly. They've decided to stop making toys and start making real instruments again.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
I wanted a guitar, so my parents got me a First Act from wal-mart.

I got one too, it was a Les Paul copy that really wasn't all that bad... What was your guitar?
however i only played two guitars... i'm a lefty you know...
i played usa standard strat (fender ofc)
and Stagg Ibanez copy...

http://www.larrybeemusiccenter.com/STAGG1300LH-BK.jpg
yep that's the one... i use it for practice however
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
my very first guitar was some ancient acoustic/classical thing my grand parents gave me. the action was about 1/2" high, and it would NEVER EVER stay in tune. i still have t laying around. i should probably smash it or something, cause its taking up room.
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Great beginners guitar = Yamaha

Yes, but we're talking about bad ones.

Doesn't your name mean "Hippopotamus King" in German?
Quote by Holy Katana
Yes, but we're talking about bad ones.

Doesn't your name mean "Hippopotamus King" in German?

My name has been encoded, a smily for you ( )

I know what this is about but I haven't had any experiences with bad guitars so far.
I've only played on a Epiphone SG that felt somewhat fishy.
Quote by blacksides
my brother had a guitar called an Archer. it was a horrible Strat clone. on the G string, if you played above the twelfth fret, every single note was the same. playing the 15th fret or the 17th made the exact same note. there were also the usual off-brand complaints of bad action, intonation, tone, etc.

Haha I have that same one, the action sucks.

MC name = Bearrorism
Page 1 of 4