So, I'm pretty sure there are pots you can get which are actually two pots, like on top of each other, with two bits you can turn. What do you call them, or have I made them up?

Thanks
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
they exist, i saw one on a fender jazz bass once..... sorry dont kno what they're called tho.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
^^Ah, I thought so, that sounds right. Thanks!

Cool, okay, second question, could you have those pots set up so one was a tone pot, the other a volume pot?

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
If they have 1 knob that adjusts 2 pots it's called a dual gang pot. If it's 2 pots stacked on top of each other and they have independent knobs then they are called concentric pots.

With a concentric pot you can have 2 set as a volume and 1 set as tone. With dual gange pots are used for the TBX controll (midboost) that you see on a lot of fender guitars now days.
Not taking any online orders.
Oh right, well a concentric pot is what I'm after, then. So, could they be wired so one controlled tone, one controlled volume?

^^Sweet! Thanks for the help.