Here's the thing: I just started advertising with google adwords. The first day I paid $30 and got about 80 clicks and a couple of people interested and one sale, the second day I paid $30 and got about 90 clicks and not so much as an e-mail...

So, there must be something wrong with my website, i figure it's not user friendly enough or something. It's not completely finished but most of it is there.

I can't continue doing this $30 a day thing without bringing in some sales, you know?

And I would love to buy advertising on ultimate guitar, but i don't have $1000 to spend on it yet, once I can afford that I will definately do it.

So, I'm looking for suggestions to help make my site better, anyone who gives GOOD advice that I use, will get 50% off any pickguard they want.

Note: this is not an attempt at advertising, I am looking for real advice here, so anyone who is not planning on helping me, please don't look at my site.

Thanks to anyone who helps.
I'd have to say that that site is pretty top notch, very easy to navigate for sure.

One thing I think would be a good upgrade for your site would be to change the ordering system. Make it more like drop down box's instead of the buyer having to look for all that info, it's a little misleading, might turn off some buyers.

So yeah, make the ordering system a drop down box style. Then your site will be even better. I would also go to other guitar forums and such, and just post an add in their forums who cares if you get banned for it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I noticed a few things. your banner/logo is hard to read.. took me a few minnets to figure our it was pickguard corner

try local advertising in music shops, with business cards try sponsering local bands

you might want to make the options drilled or undrilled
you're right about the ordering thing, but i'm not sure if i can do that right now with the site editor im using, and i cant afford to pay someone to do it, but i am going to start thinking about a way of making ordering easier.

50% off for you, anything you like?

edit - this response was to dan
joseph and winsbury - im in love with the logo so thats stays...but 50% off for you guys too
Pretty proffesional looking site

The only thing i found confusing was the ordering system. It makes sense, but i've never really seen an ordering thing like that before. I would just make it where you can order it by clicking on the pickguard that you want, then maybe using check boxes to select the pickups, right/left handed, ect
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
thanks

you might want to space things out on the logo too I still think its hard to read
give bonuses to friends, family, for word of mouth
you also could try advertising in those high end equiptment stores in the vintage guitar mag

thanks for the discount, I might get one later once I get a second guitar but not right now
theaxis - 50% off for you too

I need to figure out a way to make the ordering better, im using homestead, it's great for designing
it could just be my browser, but the word 'pickguard' in 'design your own pickguard' ends up below 'home', same thing for the 'paul' of 'les paul'.
and despite how much you love the logo, it is quite difficult to read, doesn't really fit your business in my opinion, and looks pretty unprofessional to be frank.. a new logo could be beneficial to you and your business.
the layout of everything else seems pretty cool and easy to navigate.
what browser are you using? ive tried in in internet explorer and firefox and its fine...

the logo stays
If you're having problems with affording the website why don't you try and get some other websites to advertise on yours? If i'm not mistaken they'll pay you for doing so.

Advertise on local shops or places where classes are offered. Why don't you make a myspace for it as well? you can add a bunch of ppl there hence giving u more viewers probably.

EDIT: i like the "designg your own pickguard" option but you might wanna change the layout. it says you can use a picture and stuff, so why don't you make it possible for guests to upload a pic and see what it'll look like; give them options such as effects (black/white, sepia, negative), zoom in/out and move the picture for cropping and centering, idk what else? U know... kinda like those myspace editors that allow u to see what the page will look like while editing?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 26, 2008,
evening crow, i like your idea's, i was planning on redoing the desgining your own pickguard section, but i like idea of being able to upload your picture there.

50% off for you

sidenote: just made another sale, so it's not terrible
Quote by muikoma
evening crow, i like your idea's, i was planning on redoing the desgining your own pickguard section, but i like idea of being able to upload your picture there.

50% off for you

sidenote: just made another sale, so it's not terrible

hah, thanks mate. i'll probably buy two pickguards with my next paycheck.

and congrats on those designs... pretty wicked imo

Oh, i'd like to mention that i found a typo lol... it's on the "about us" section, first rectangle, 2nd line (says "fo" instead of "of").

I find that not advertising the Identity/Fraud security system is a bit of a nono.

People like to be sure they are safe with their cash, so Flash that around a bit more.

Edit: also a navigation bar that moves with the Window- so as one scrolls down they still have easy access to other parts of the site.

Also you could stick in a few advertisements to help keep the costs from google eating your profits. (you may have to wait till you have a bigger throughput of visitors though.)
Last edited by ooder the cow at Jul 26, 2008,
in In your FAQ, under "Are your pickguards shielded?", you have wrote "Start", instead of "Strat".
evening crow - thanks i just fixed that. just who you are anytime in the next 2ish weeks and you can get the 50% off.

That goes for everyone here, anytime in the next 2 or so weeks, mention the 50% off thing and we'll do it up

ooder - good idea

Grev - thanks, good eye
Last edited by muikoma at Jul 26, 2008,
what's the "control plate" option? sorry, i'm not quite sure what it is... i was reading and from what i got it means the pg is shielded with copper...

EDIT: i did the order and replied to ur email.

Last edited by evening_crow at Jul 26, 2008,
controlplate's would be these:

http://melodymusiconline.com/images/controlplate.jpg

http://www.angela.com/catalog/guitar-parts/jbass.3hole.controlplate.jpg

the metal things under the knobs on Jazz Basses and Tele's

but instead of being made out of metal, we make them out of acrylic with an image attached to the back, and then copper foil attached to the back of that.

edit - i got your message and responded to your e-mail
oh ok. just wanted to make sure if i was right on the plates. and hey, u might wanna add images of them as well on ur site since they're not the regular metal ones.

Quote by muikoma
what browser are you using? ive tried in in internet explorer and firefox and its fine...

the logo stays

im using firefox... could just be me and my mac.
the contolplate images are there but the links are less visible, you have to go to the tele or jazz bass page, the links are on the top right of the thumbnails, same with strat backplates

pheonix 88 - i dont like that it doesnt show up right for you, that means that it doesnt show up right for other people

theres a problem happening sometimes when i click on one of the thumbnails, it just opens it in a new window rather than opening the image scroller, thats no good
yeah, the new window problem occurs on some of the pictures, but it's possible to scroll back to them from the next picture.

oh troubleshooting.
You keep saying, "the logo stays" over and over but people are telling you it looks like ****e. Good idea to listen to the demographic of folks that would be using a site like that. I've done website design for businesses and the biggest thing is name recognition. If your main logo on your site that proudly displays the business name is dang near impossible for people to read, you're shooting yourself in the foot.
"Hey! Where'd you get that sweet pickguard?" "Oh I got it on the internet from this website... dang, it was pickguard something or other."
You just lost a sale.
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
thanks but just as many people have said cool logo, so im not too worried
Quote by muikoma
thanks but just as many people have said cool logo, so im not too worried

I like the logo, too. However, it doesn't exactly go along with the rest of the site. Why not just redo it a little bit? Like, perhaps with pickguards? I don't know, that sounds cheesy.

Maybe with the kind of wispy grey at the bottom left corner of the page?

You just want it to be readable and for it to fit reasonably well with the rest of the site.

Other than that, that's a great site. It reminds me of some other pickguard sites (in a good way).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
we're going to be adding little bits as we go, one of the next things i think we might do is add a bit to the logo, probably with the whispy grey thingy.

Today Im going to be doing some more editing

HA