Right, here is what i need to do.
How do i tell the guy we don't want him in the band anymore
"Fuck off- you're shit, and I don't want you ruining my band"

It's short, snappy, and to-the-point. You can't risk getting emotionally attached to band members.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Hire another member to take, his place, and don't tell him. Then, when he comes to your next practice and is in shock over the replacement, organise a fight to the death. Whoever wins stays in the band.

EDIT: And if he were to win, that's your tough shit.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
say

"Your **** now fack off"

It works very nicely
Sigs Are For Pussies
Quote by dgme92
Hire another member to take, his place, and don't tell him. Then, when he comes to your next practice and is in shock over the replacement, organise a fight to the death. Whoever wins stays in the band.

EDIT: And if he were to win, that's your tough shit.

I like this one.

Exactly why do you not want him in your band?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
just say something like this

"hey listen me and the band have been talking and we think that your just not cutting it."

no need to be an ass to the kid
If hes a guitarist, theres only one thing you can do.

Get a new one....then....

Guitar battle!!!

On guitar hero

Winner is in the band
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Ask Dave Mustaine...

But seriously kill him/her/it.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes"

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through"

haha... You guys are amazing, so helpful. I think the short and sweet will work just fine
start a new band. with all the same people except him. Sly

Don't say he's **** or anything, that is way to harsh
"You are tits on a whale, get out."

Just tell him that you don't want him anymore.
watch school of rock!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
"gtfo"
or if hes a friend "dude im sorry to say but*insert othere band member here* has a gay crush on you and is gonna rape u if u stay in the band"
if he stays watch out and go with the first option
Quote by Green_Jelly

Quote by gnomieowns
damn. can't you get your girlfrie...
nevermind.
Right now you're offending at least 75% of the Pit.

jackson warrior on the way in $400
OFF TOPIC: what the hell on my post (number 11?) up a bit. Why is there a yawn smiley and a big line above my post?!?!

I didn't do that?!?!

ON TOPIC: I remember when my mates kicked a member out of there band. woo that was a memorable week of school.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by stratele
OFF TOPIC: what the hell on my post (number 11?) up a bit. Why is there a yawn smiley and a big line above my post?!?!

I didn't do that?!?!

ON TOPIC: I remember when my mates kicked a member out of there band. woo that was a memorable week of school.

... Elaborate? Explain what was so memorable +, dipshit
Just say call him up and be like "Hey.......we need to talk. its about your place in the band. " then on the way to meeting u, he'l have already thoguht ur going to kick him out. then just tell to him straight, its not you, its me. or like ur just not right, or whatever reason u dont want him in, but it better be reasonable and something he cant' change or else if he's persistant it might not work out so smoothly.
What sort of music do you guys play?

Tell him you want to talk your sound in a new direction (polka, perhaps?), and that if he's not down, he needs to get out. Of course, if you have an avid polka fan on your hands, you might be fucked.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
"hmm... your not as good as a douchebag as i thought you were, your out of the band ya sucky douchebag..."