does gibson stamp the serial number in the back of the headstock? or is it ink? because i bought a '57 lp goldtop about a week ago and the serial number is in ink i guess and i always thought the numbers were stamped in. so can anyone help me
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
You mean a 57' Custom Shop VOS?
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Where did you buy it from, and do you have a pic? The Chinese fakes have a fairly distinctive serial number on the back, larger than usual and with a big 'Made In USA' stamp under it).

Quote by Snapple
You mean a 57' Custom Shop VOS?

ya, and ill get a pic of it here in a min.
Quote by gatechballer
Quote by kyle62
Where did you buy it from, and do you have a pic? The Chinese fakes have a fairly distinctive serial number on the back, larger than usual and with a big 'Made In USA' stamp under it).

Also the horns on the headstocks on the fakes aren't as deep as they are on a real LP.
Whats the serial number, that would be the best way to check it.

Is it 78055?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Serial number 78055 would be right, but they are easily faked
My understanding of custom models is that some are printed, some stamped into the wood. The best thing to do is email gibson, as they will know which ones are printed and which are stamped, they are really helpful, even taking a few pictures of the guitar itself would help us tho to tell if its a fake or not.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
alright thanks. ill take some more pics later and put them up here just to be sure, but i trust the place i bought it from and i bought it new. i just thought that gibson stamped all their serial numbers and when i saw it was inked i almost **** myself
Quote by gatechballer