How much is bus fare in your city?

In Philadelphia it's $2 for one fare. 60 cents for a transfer. Someone told me that Philadelphia has the most expensive bus fare on the east coast, so I'd thought I would try to ask you folks to find out if that is true or not.

New York? DC? Boston? If you guys know, that would be great.

Also, do the buses run good in your city? On time? Cause they suck here. I hate public transportation.

Reason why I'm asking is while I was in high school, I had to take the bus everyday. Wasn't a big deal. School tokens were good for one fare and a free transfer. $9 for a 10 pack. So, it was easier in high school then it is now that I'm in college (this fall). Regular tokens are only good for one fare and cost $15 for a 10 pack.

I just want to know if I'm being ripped off as much as I think I am.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
NYC both train and bus fare is two dollars with a free transfer.

aka i can take the train for two dollars then get on the bus for free (and vise versa) or i can take the bus and transfer to a different bus for free.

i cant stand the buses here but i do love the train.

and as a student we get a studen pass which is basically 3 free rides a day + the transfers and what not

edit: you can also buy week or monthly passes too which are obviously cheaper than buying, for example just a 4 dollar metro card (or a two way trip)

also if you buy a certain amount you get free money but they changed the way it works

before it used to be for every 10 dollars you get a free ride (2 dollars) but now its uneven and the prices dont work as well as before
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Last edited by lanzaa at Jul 26, 2008,
California FTW!

We pay $1.25 for the fare.$3 for a one day pass.

I have a 30 day pass!
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
In Boston, I think the bus is about $1.25, and the buses run fine. MBTA FTW.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
im not sure as to individual fares here in portland but through the university im going to i can get a flexpass (bus, train, unlimited) for 150 per term, which is pretty good actually
I f*cking hate SEPTA (South Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority).

A monthly pass is about $78 for what I hear. We have day passes, but I think they give those out for free, but only at certain places on certain occasions.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Why don't you just walk, you lazy bastard!?

I didn't read the story.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
California FTW!

We pay $1.25 for the fare.$3 for a one day pass.

I have a 30 day pass!

Lol i have to pay $.75 for fare and $1.25 for a day pass, it was $.60 for fare and $1.20 for a day pass but then they raised the prices...douche bags

OREGON FTW!!!!!!

edit: Oh, ya and during the school year we get passes from the school district, which is awesome!
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Last edited by ninja dude at Jul 26, 2008,
In Ottawa, it's $3 for one bus ride (with a free transfer). That's if you pay with coins right up front in the bus. If you buy tickets ahead of time, they're $1 each, and you need 2, so that's a $2 fare.
I live in Florida ...youd be more likely to see people riding horses for transportation then you would a bus.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Buses? HAHA!!! What buses? You're lucky to see someone carpool around here. XD
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
In Seattle, I believe it's $1.25 if you're over 18, and $.50 otherwise. It's also cheaper if you're a senior citizen, and there's a free-ride zone downtown. That's for metro.

Community Transit is like $.25 more than metro

EDIT: the SLUT beats all public transportation

[south lake union transit]

they sell shirts that say i rode the SLUT
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.
Last edited by peter von chaps at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by Crazymike100
Why don't you just walk, you lazy bastard!?

I didn't read the story.

I walk when ever I can, asshole. But, we are talking miles here. In a major city. 6.8 miles, to be exact. You wanna walk that twice a day for 5 days a week?

Didn't think so.
Quote by Article

well i don't live in the states but i am 2 hours north of detroit. here its 2.50 for a ride plus free transfer (90 minutes)
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I walk when ever I can, asshole. But, we are talking miles here. In a major city. 6.8 miles, to be exact. You wanna walk that twice a day for 5 days a week?

Didn't think so.

Oh, sorry dude.

You could walk that once a day, then just take the bus back.

That's what I would do.

It helps keep me healthy.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Quote by Crazymike100
Oh, sorry dude.

You could walk that once a day, then just take the bus back.

That's what I would do.

It helps keep me healthy.

I walk for about 40 minute to an hour a few times a week just to get to my friends house in another neighborhood. Then, spend the rest of the day walking around doing god knows what.

Aside from that, when going to school, I'd have to walk 10-15 minutes to the bus stop, let that take me to where I get on a second bus. From there, it's about 15 blocks to school. When I had to go there the other day, I walked that 15 blocks on the way home. Took less then 30 minutes... so I might do that on the way home if I don't have anywhere I have to be. But, I'll need a job while I go to school, so I might not have that kind of time... but the buses run so slow, that maybe the 15 block walk will save time. I have to get a routine down.
Quote by Article

$2?!
Thats like a pound...

Well a day's ticket is £2.70 in the southend area (you can get on any service) but then in the basildon area it's £3.50. Annoying when you want to go from my area to the basildon area, usually have to get a seperate ticket.
A monthly ticket is something stupid like £100...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Washington DC busfare is 1.35, if you have a transfer from the subway (called the metro over here) it's 35 cents. If you're really old you get a discount and I think it's either 40 or 60 cents for that.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Washington DC busfare is 1.35, if you have a transfer from the subway (called the metro over here) it's 35 cents. If you're really old you get a discount and I think it's either 40 or 60 cents for that.

We have a subway and an El (Elevated Train). At certain points, the El goes underground and interchange between the subway and El is free. And senior citizens ride for free. Lucky old farts.
Quote by Article

$1.50 for a ride, no transfer fees (we don't really have transfers, though, every bus is seperate)

$50 for an all month pass, which is what most people do.
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
$26 for an all month $40 for 3.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
£1.30 (student) flat rate regardless of whether you go 1 stop or 20 and you have to pay that on each bus you get.

adults usually pay £1.50 though so about $3 per bus so 10 bus journeys (I'll assume 1 token = 1 bus ride) would come to $30.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
1.35 here in DC... but it usually is not very conveniant, at least not in my area... i live in the NW corner of DC... the bus comes way too infrequently, and i always see tons of buses drive by with "driver training" or "not in operation" signs on them... it really makes me mad
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards