right im thinking of putting pickup covers on my sg special
now i know how to solder but along the line of waxing how bad would it be if i didnt i mean there waxed under the band around the pickup so would it be fine? is there any cheap home substite wich can help stop microphonic rather than hot wax
and also seeing as there mounted into a pickguard rather than brackets would i need 2 diffrent sized covers or not im quit enew to this as you can tell thanks for any help u can offer
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Last edited by steve! at Jul 26, 2008,
If you're talking about getting new pickup COVERS, i don't think you've got to do anything. I changed mine on my Fender.... it's just plastic.

(and p.s., did you get a truss rod over, i saw in your thread somebody has one for sale....)
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
If you're talking about getting new pickup COVERS, i don't think you've got to do anything. I changed mine on my Fender.... it's just plastic.

(and p.s., did you get a truss rod over, i saw in your thread somebody has one for sale....)

yeah but metal ones are different they need to be soldered and so on
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
You should be fine simply puthing the covers on and not repotting. If you do end up with feedback then you might be stuck getting some wax and potting but I doubt it'll come to that.
Not taking any online orders.