the closest i can get by ear is where it sounds like **** when you try and tune between 4th and 5th frets and tune from ther.

its definately not perfect
use a tuner and use the notes from low to high Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Oh jesus, you gotta be kidding me.
its one fret and not half a fret? i thought a fret was a step and half was a half :S
goddamnit

my teacher sucks
nope, two frets is a whole step one fret is a half step
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Get an electronic tuner, plug guitar into it, and tune strings down a half step. If you don't have a tuner...fret your 4th fret on your B string...then tune your high and low E strings to that note...and you'll have an Eb...then use that to tune the rest of your strings by holding the lowest string down on the 5th fret and tune your A string to that note, then continue doing that with the rest of the strings (use A string on 5th fret to tune D string...ect.) only on G string fret it on the 4th fret to tune the B string...and that's your half step down tuning. Enjoy.
Thanks CC.
its very unfortunate...that i had to learn this way. a year after
i lufflez you devillle!
THANKS to all who answerd to this question, I tried tuning down by holding down the first fret down and tuning that way, in theory all open strings should 1/2 step flat but it didnt work out............
Quote by blue_strat
Have you got an electronic tuner?

yes i have a tuner it's only a cheap'o......
To tune down half a step I put a capo on the first fret and tune to standard, take off the capo and there you go half a step down.
HI
do you know the 555545 rule for standard tuning?
if so, just make it the 444434 rule for down half step
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Please read the only tuning thread sticky at the top of this forum

Closed.
Been away, am back