DI Boxes (or a preamp)? Good ones for less than say £150
I need something thats gonna produce good results when recording bass
Any suggestions?
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Dunno the price, but I think it can be had in that ballpark.... the SansAmp does a VERY nice job on bass. We ran the bass on our album through a SansAmp and also through another, basic active DI.... night and day.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Behringer MIC100 - valve mic preamp and DI box for £33 (Digital Village). It can't take a heavy load (i.e. you can't stick the output of an amp straight into it) but it sounds great and the price is just silly.
Funny that the DI box we compared the SansAmp to was a Behringer one. I'm not one of those get down on Behringer types. I have often maintained that you have to pay at least double the price to get any improvement in product from another brand, and the SansAmp is more than double the price of the Behringer DI box.

The difference was truly night and day. No comparison.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by SlappyTheFish
Behringer MIC100 - valve mic preamp and DI box for £33 (Digital Village). It can't take a heavy load (i.e. you can't stick the output of an amp straight into it) but it sounds great and the price is just silly.

Yeah Ive got a MIC100 but i never thought it was too great. The tone just doesnt come through and it sounds pretty flat.

I'll this SansAmp one though, see what i can find.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
The difference was truly night and day. No comparison.

Oh absolutely, the SansAmp really is the dog's bollards in this situation, just that it's about 5 times the price. If you can afford it then it's worth every penny, my sister had one and it did everything brilliantly - would probably have even made cups of tea if only they'd put a knob on for it.

About the MIC100 being flat, as it's primarily a mic preamp and being in the budget range, then being flat is generally a good thing. You could try turning the gain up, adds some warmth. The stock valve isn't great, so if you have a spare (I think it takes ECC83s) then try swapping it.