Would it be good to keep the Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz in there or throw in an EMG 81/85 combo? I'm trying to save up for the guitar, so yea.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
save the $200 you would be spending on EMGs and put it towards a new amp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
save the $200 you would be spending on EMGs and put it towards a new amp.

Yeah that would be best.

Even if its just for a micro cube or something you will get much more out of that than EMGs with your current amp.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Thanks. Will do, and for amps, is the Line 6 Spider III any good?

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
dude....BLASPHEMY!!! that guitar comes with duncans for a reason dude....duncans are FAAAAR better than emgs ok? when ur ear is apreciatvie of TONE...then u ll know what i m talking about....a jb thru a good solid state is way better than a emg thru a low end tube amp and thats saying somehting....buy that amazing guitar....and keep the pickups...and get a nice tube amp with the money u ll have left...
NOT WORTH 200 to downgrade ur sound pal.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

EDI:T that was just to make sure you got the message fast...a good amp would be a micro cube....im not really an amp expert though

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
NOOOOOOOOOOOOoo

EDI:T that was just to make sure you got the message fast...a good amp would be a micro cube....im not really an amp expert though

No what?

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
No what?

No don't do it. The set of Duncans is a really nice set to have. It's not worth the extra money to get EMG's and to have your guitar routed for actives.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Snake™
Thanks. Will do, and for amps, is the Line 6 Spider III any good?

Most will say no.

I'll say no, unless your just playing bedroom levels, in which case, it may be ok. But, there's still a lot better out there for your money.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by georgakis187
dude....BLASPHEMY!!! that guitar comes with duncans for a reason dude....duncans are FAAAAR better than emgs ok? when ur ear is apreciatvie of TONE...then u ll know what i m talking about....a jb thru a good solid state is way better than a emg thru a low end tube amp and thats saying somehting....buy that amazing guitar....and keep the pickups...and get a nice tube amp with the money u ll have left...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Omfg.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by georgakis187

Tone is subjective buddy, you fail.
Quote by stinger12345
No don't do it. The set of Duncans is a really nice set to have. It's not worth the extra money to get EMG's and to have your guitar routed for actives.

I meant about the amp.

Anyways, I was thinking a L6 S3 because it's a good amp for cheap. It's about $300. I was thinking Orange....

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I love how people get boners over EMG 81/85 because Zakk Wylde uses them. LOL! The actual truth is, EMG active pickups don't have a very good tone, but the noobs love them anyway. LOL! The consensus among noobs is that an active pickup must be better. Again, a big L O L to that too.

The Duncans SMOKE the EMGs, that's the way it really is.
I don't get boners over them; I've just heard lots of praise about the setup, and that it would be good for my style of play. Anyways, any suggestions on an amp?

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
The spider III is an ok amp but its fizzy and noisy. If you like metal I would go with a Micro-cube/cube 30 depending if you need to jam with people or not. Also worth looking into is the new Peavy Vypyr series, I havn't tried one personally yet but thats because I just heard about them.

Either way, you don't really want EMGs for your current amp or a modeling amp like the Cube/spider/vypyr.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I need an amp that I can jam with and play small gigs with. I was thinking something in the 50W/75W range

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
I need an amp that I can jam with and play small gigs with. I was thinking something in the 50W/75W range

Well it depends on how much money you have, the Cube and Vypyr series have 60 and above watt models.

The cube 30 should be enough for jamming, but I'm not sure. When I had one I just bought the 60 watt model and it was more than enough.

Again it depends on the money you want to spend on an amp.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
For a good amp, I'll spend up tp $400, no more.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482910

Those are my suggestions, you could also check out a few of the SS Randall combos which aren't bad but aren't great either.

I don't know a TON about the vypyr because I just heard about it, but it looks worth trying out if you are in the market for a modeling amp.

You could also go with a low-end tube amp like the Peavey valve king. I dislike the valveking personally but others seem to like them. You could also find a used B-52 AT112 for around $400.

Its hard at that price range though. It's nice to have an all tube amp but when you are looking at playing metal you don't have a ton of cheap tube options.

What exactly are your styles of music? I just realized I kind of assumed that you were playing metal because of the guitar and asking about EMGs.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I play anything from blues to thrash metal, but my main is hard rock/metal.

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Just keep your current pickups. They're great for what you want to play, and they'll sound a lot better through your current amp.
SD JB is like...awesomely amazing, i have one and it's my fav of all the 2 sd's i have