Alright so currently I am playing a Squier Strat as a starter guitar and I think I'm getting better at playing so I wanna a better guitar.So after about an hour of looking through guitars I've narrowed my choices down to

Epiphone LP-100 Electric Guitar
      Epiphone Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar
        Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop Electric Guitar
          Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar
            Ibanez Artcore Series AF75TDGIV Hollowbody Electric Guitar

So out of those 5 I'm just wondering what guitar would be the best.Also I just want to add that I'm looking to play like classic rock to hard rock..just so I don't make a fool of myself I want to know if those guitars are alright for my style of playing.
            What amp do you have? I'd get the tele or the 56' les paul.
            Edit: Also, what's you price range.
            "Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
            Hmmmm Les Pauls are more versitile then the Tele, but the Tele is probably the best for blues/classic rock.....your call.
            Quote by slidething31
            Blues men don't wear band T shirts.
            Eww...I just looked at your profile. Spiders and MGs are horrible amps. Get a new amp first. The squire is a decent starter guitar.
            The LP 100 is a cheap alternative to an actual Les Paul and isn't very good, also the Les Paul Studio isn't as good as the 56, again cheaply made. The Fender is good but wouldn't suit the style you play.
            Therefore by the process of elimination I suggest you go for the 56 LP or the Ibanez Artcore which are both good for classic rock though Id say the LP is probably better for Hard Rock.

EDIT:
            Quote by bBreaker
            Eww...I just looked at your profile. Spiders and MGs are horrible amps. Get a new amp first. The squire is a decent starter guitar.

The lower wattage ones are ok as starter amps I'd say his main priority now is getting a new guitar THEN getting a good amp, if he was looking at a guitar worth say £500 and up I'd understand your point but getting a half decent guitar to go through an ok practice amp is fine for the time being.
            Gear:
            Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
            Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
            Ibanez S470
            Blackstar HT-100 Head
            Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
            Vox AC4TV
            Vox VT15
            Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Jul 26, 2008,
            Quote by bBreaker

Have you ever played a MG15 or MG30? I don't think you have. The 50 & 100 are both not very good amps, but the 15w and 30w MGs aren't bad. OK, so the tone isn't that great, but it's good enough. It doesn't sound amazing, but the tone is dfeinitely not "bad". It makes a very fair tone for a >$300 solid state. Plus the 15w and 30w MGs are pretty reliable and have good features for a practice amp. Also, you can actually get some pretty amazing tone out of the little solid state with a good overdrive or distortion pedal.

My vote: the Les Paul Studio.
            Epiphone Les Paul Standard
            Dunlop Crybaby Wah
            Boss DS-1 Distortion
            Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
            Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
            Quote by bBreaker

First off...the Spider Bogner's are great and give you a lot of versatility while having a tube amp...so this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. One of those LP's will give you a nice fat sound!! I love it. I run the same thing.
            Quote by mps59
            First off...the Spider Bogner's are great and give you a lot of versatility while having a tube amp...so this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. One of those LP's will give you a nice fat sound!! I love it. I run the same thing.

I know the spider valves are ok, but the TS has a MG10 and a 15watt spider. I think he should get a new amp before he gets a new guitar.
            LP-100 and Studio aren't much better than what you have now, so you could rule that out.
            Personnaly, I'd go Tele.
            So should I get a new guitar first or a new amp because I was thinking of getting a new amp also and giving my cousin my old amps because he is just starting also and all he is getting is a guitar no amp just guitar.So new amp, new guitar, or both?
            Seeing as amps have a much larger effect on your sound than a guitar, and a good amp can improve the sound of a bad guitar alot more than a good guitar through a bad amp, I'm going to say get a new (tube) amp. Guitars are always much more enjoyable to buy, but amps make tone-cravers happier in the end. that is, good amps. My 2 cents.
            Quote by metallicafan616
            what is hair metal?

Fail.
            Alright so I guess this thread wasn't a complete waste of time. Lol. But since I'm guessing I should go with a new amp...what amp should I go with. My price range is $100 - $500.
            A used classic 30 would be good for you. Or you could wait to get the new Valve senior, its a valve junior with 6V6 tubes, reverb, and a distortion channel.
            Quote by Drmmrboi180
            Alright where the hell would you find a Valve Senior?

They didn't come out yet. I think there coming out in a couple months.
            Quote by bBreaker
            They didn't come out yet. I think there coming out in a couple months.

Oh...now i feel dumb ...thanks.