Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
dude, thats messed up. I'm all for stopping copy right infringement...free downloads are killing the music industry, but going about it this way is just ****ed.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Yeah just like free downloads are killing the movie industry... pffft. I guess that why Batman almost made $400 million instantly.. Yeah they're real strapped for cash. I guess that is why Radiohead and NIN released free CD's online. It's the record companies which **** you.
I am the Stig.
That must suck.

Ah well. I'm not in Canada.
But this will surely spread to other countries.This sucks. Yeah illegal downloads is.....illegal(surprise surprise ) but they're going about this problem the wrong way.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

No way in hell this will pass.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
No way in hell this will pass.

+1

We have alot of ****ty things (See: Stephen Harper) But there's no way in hell it'll pass.
Well if you read the article, you would have noticed that the law would also be put in effect in USA. So it's not jsut Canadians.
sigh...
Haha the major music industry guys will do whatever it takes to get filthy rich, won't they? Everything except putting effort into promoting music that's actually good. Funny how they all claim to be fighting the good fight for musicians, yet how often do you see them doing ANYTHING to stop payola? How many of them are complaining about clear channel's utter domination of radio and concert venues? Give me a ****ing break.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
OTTAWA - The federal government is secretly negotiating an agreement to revamp international copyright laws which could make the information on Canadian iPods, laptop computers or other personal electronic devices illegal and greatly increase the difficulty of travelling with such devices.

and how do they know this?
even if it is true, and will actually be put into effect, i buy my cd's
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Damn you Canada! Why must you make the U.S a part of this too!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Why do Verizon workers show up to work drunk all the time?
Cus they have more bars in more places lolololol
Oh, holy ****.

That can't pass... right?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
What, so EVERY song that i don't have immediatley backed up on CD will get me a fine? What are these people, leeches? This sucks big time for you guys in Canada, and it'll suck even more if it comes into effect in the UK.

In fact, i might just give up on technology altogether and start my own cavemanclub. Anyone in?
Quote by cheeseman3001
and how do they know this?
even if it is true, and will actually be put into effect, i buy my cd's

Quote by Page 2
The ACTA discussion paper was leaked online by Sunshine Media, the company that runs the Wikileaks.org website - a whistleblowing website created to help circulate secret documents.

There are three pages to the article.
can someone explain?

i dont get it
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by zwound
how will they ever know if something is downloaded or bought?

They won't.

I think you have to have evidence it is yours, else they can destroy your device/fine you.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
That's why 3rd world countries > 1st world countries.

Who cares about diseases, poverty, and crime, as long as you can download freely?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
That's why 3rd world countries > 1st world countries.

Who cares about diseases, poverty, and crime, as long as you can download freely?

Now that's a fair point!

Zimbabwe invasion immigration, anyone?
here in the uk(acording to bbc) broadband companies have to track illegal downloads, from limeiwire etc.... find out the ip adress and have to send a letter to who ever is downloading. so its already happening. sorry for not being very informative, i only briefly heard it in the news the oterh dday.
Quote by floppypick
They won't.

I think you have to have evidence it is yours, else they can destroy your device/fine you.

Well, i assume they have to have evidence that it isn't mine to lay a finger on my ****
Quote by iron_maiden97
can someone explain?

i dont get it

Basically if you have any music that you can't prove that you bought they'll fine you, amongst other things like having the right to search your laptop without warrent etc etc.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

if they can browse through my ipod without warrant i give myself the right to punt them in the face, but seriously wont this just be giving i tunes the monopoly over downloading music a company already taking profit from artists work ?.....
i don't care i am still gonna download songs (unless its Tool or NIN i'll go buy there albums)
i really don't see how they are gonna enforce this
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by hemo.
if they can browse through my ipod without warrant i give myself the right to punt them in the face, but seriously wont this just be giving i tunes the monopoly over downloading music a company already taking profit from artists work ?.....

No cos punting them in the face makes it look like you've got illegal music on your ipod...and they'll use that against you in court.
Yeah well the music industry's been going down the drain since the internet download boom.
Quote by dark&broken

i have never downloaded illegally, so i dont really care about that. but what he **** is this **** that i cant UPLOAD into my itunes. that is absolute bull ****, which i am sure quite a few canaidians will be protesting at the parliment. i cant wait to join, this is bull ****.
I really doubt this kind of law will pass.

There are many implications, and this could open the door to further abuses.

It could also have an impact on the iPod/mp3 player market.

It will be like the censorship project and the "fetus have rights" project. It-Won't-Pass.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!