The 2nd string on my guitar keeps like falling off the nut everytime I'm playing or tuning, what's going on? I have a gauge 13 string on it, is it too big or too small?
sounds like you either dont hasve enough string on the bolt thing or, its not tight enough,

EDIT:well if its comin off just like unraveling you may have TOO much string on there.
a 13 sounds quite light for a B string. That is what I use for my high E. Are these strings different than the ones you are changing them from?
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
I usually loop my thinner strings through the hole two or three times so they don't slip out. Or it just might not be long enough.
Quote by dudebud
a 13 sounds quite light for a B string. That is what I use for my high E. Are these strings different than the ones you are changing them from?

Nope, the only ones that were different gauges were the 6th, 5th and 4th when i changed 'em. I use GHS too if that helps anyone out.
you seem to forget, 13 on the high E string is one of the lowest guages you can get. use 2.5-3 wraps when you are stringing it. i went from a 13 high E to a 9 high E and wrapped them the same amount, causing my E to unwind. the heavier you go, the less wraps you need.
I've changed my strings a million times already and this is the only time this has been happening too.

EDIT: I currently have on GHS HEAVY WEIGHT BOOMERS 010-60 and i had GHS Light 10-46 but I may switch back to them. But i tried using my the same gauge string from my old set and that too kept falling off, is there something wrong with my guitar?
as stupid as it sounds, but its worth checking to see which way you're winding the strings around - sometimes if you wind the string around a different way, the stress is too much to keep the string in the nut slot.
It's What I Got:
1983 Ricky 4003 (White)
1990s Ibanez Prestige Sr3006E
1988 Stingray 4

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX-300
Warwick Pro 411