ok so i'm ready to buy a new guitar, my budget is around 1,500 dollars. i've been thinking about a nice Gibson Les Paul.

my favorite stuff to play is by: Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin; The Who; Blues Guitar; Southern Rock; lots of classic rock

gimme some suggestions if you would
What is the model of the Les Paul you want to get? Also want amp do you have?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
What is your amp first and foremost.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
how about an ???????????? model? with a ??????? tremolo and ???????????? pickups?

/badjoke.

anyway yes what amp do you have?
i just checked out musiciansfriend.com and they have an incredible Les Paul on a scratch & dent sale for a wicked price.

i wouldn't even be concerned about the scratch and dent because for the amount you save (+$600!), you get a perfect sounding and playing instrument that has a dent (no worse than going on the road!). a bunch of dents won't effect the tone, trust me! with the lacquer they put on those guitars, they are made to take hell!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=517375X
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
i have a spider line 6 15 watt amp.

and i was thinking a les paul studio or les paul classic
get a new amp!!!!!!
Edit: you can get a decent amp and guitar for 1500$
I've never used one personally, but I've always heard good things about Hagstrom Super Swedes.

They look like LPs, but I haven't really heard about too many people having them, so it'd be something a bit more unique.
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
no, thanks for the suggestion but i'm getting a new guitar not a new amp. please just stick to guitars
Quote by Elms
i have a spider line 6 15 watt amp.

and i was thinking a les paul studio or les paul classic

If I were you I'd get a nice tube amp to give ya good versatile tone for anything you wanna play, and then I'd probably go with whatever guitar fits your preference, it's whatever is comfortable to ya.
You new guitar is gunna sound like sh*t through that amp. 90% of you tone comes from you amp.
here's one of those nifty VG strats with minor scratches, only $1300

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=512881X

This baby is a little bit higher than your stated price range but I would grab this one in a heartbeat...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Vegas-High-Roller-Electric-Guitar?sku=517386
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Les Pauls are expensive.. more than ur budget i feel!
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
I have a Spider III and it sucks.

Upgrade to a Vox Valtronix. Either 15w or 30w. Doesn't matter.

You need an amp upgrade, otherwise its stupid to have a good guitar.

Its like putting tv's and a million subs and hydraulics on a rusted out crap car.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
dammit i just recently got the amp. how much do tube amps usually cost
dude, don't listen to that guy. you gotta go balls out and buy an incredible guitar right now. its so much better to invest all of the money in one item that you will be happy with for the rest of your life as opposed to buying a budget amp for $700 and then buying a budget guitar for $700 but in a couple years, you are going to want a new amp AND guitar...AGAIN.

if you buy an amazing guitar, that pretty much guarantees that you will buy a great amp to compliment in time. you'll probably get to the nicer rig faster without wasting your money on crap!
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Elms

You can get a Epi Valve junior and a distortion pedal for about 300$. You will get a great Jimmy Page tone and you still have a ton of money to spend on your guitar.
the fender vibrochamp XD is only $200 and gets killer tone for the price. that could certainly tide you over until you can get something professional.
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Quote by Elms
i have a boss ds-1, would that work well?

yes, but a tubescreamer would be better.
good lord

make an amp thread in GGnA, theyll sort you out with some sick reccomendations

a new amp will make you sound much more like your heros
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Elms

If you just recently got it (within 30 days) just return it and get your 100$ back.

Seriously, just get a Valvetronix 15w for about 200 or a 30w for 300. Get the 30 if you ever want to gig.

Just wait to get the new guitar. You won't regret getting the amp. It will make whatever guitar you have now (which you have yet to tell us) sound wayyy better out of a tube amp than a crappy spider.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Quote by Elms
no, thanks for the suggestion but i'm getting a new guitar not a new amp. please just stick to guitars

I know, but with that amp, it'll be a waste.Your tone is going to suck. Big part of tone is from your amp, not the guitar.
When I first upgraded my gear in my first years of playing I bought my dream guitar then my dream amp. I know a lot of people on here say it's better to buy a new amp first but consider this.

Whilst the amp will give a better tone, plug a decent guitar in the same amp and hear the difference.
It's no good having a nice tone if the guitar doesn't stay in tune.
A good amp doesn't help your playing of the guitar feel more comfortable.
A good guitar wont be Unbearable through a cheap amp and you can use that until you save up for a decent one. (Depends f your planning on gigging or playing in a band I suppose).

If that's what you want go for it.

Regards
Delboy