Yesterday I tried the Pod X3 and i was completely blown away by the octave fuzz effect. But its a lot of money just for something i could get in a single pedal.

Now, somebody told me that his boutique octave fuzz (he didn't say what it actually is) isn't as nice as the setting on the Pod X3 but the Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal has an even better one? I have no intention of copying Jimi's tone, so thats not what i'm asking -

what i'm really asking is if people can point out some octave-fuzz pedals, because i'm looking for one but i don't have a clue where to start hehe. I don't really know the budget i'll have but try not to suggest anything much higher than £50
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal

no. dunlop. not digitech.
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by spiderjerusalem

no, he was definitely talking about this:

http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/JimiHendrix/index.php

i know dunlop make some hendrix signature fuzzboxes, though. but as i said, i'm not trying to copy hendrix, i just want an octave fuzz
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by spiderjerusalem

no the the digitech jimi hendrix experiance pedal has the fuzz and octave, your thinking the standalone wah pedal
=========

Nathnialm

====
anyone got any suggestions?

i really like the looks of the ultimate octave which joe satriani has stood by for years.

the catalinbread ottava magus is also really good. not as versitile but the tone is just as good imo. i really enjoyed using it in the shop.
Quote by no_thing101
i really like the looks of the ultimate octave which joe satriani has stood by for years.

the catalinbread ottava magus is also really good. not as versitile but the tone is just as good imo. i really enjoyed using it in the shop.

i just checked out a video of the ottava magus on youtube (the proguitarshop.com demo which is pretty good quality audio) and it sounds more like a ring modulator to me than an octavia type pedal... sounds awful to me.. i guess i'd have to try that one first...

i think the pod X3 was based on that old tycobrahe octavia that hendrix used i think. theres loadsa clones around, but whether they are good or not i don't know..

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
i just checked out a video of the ottava magus on youtube (the proguitarshop.com demo which is pretty good quality audio) and it sounds more like a ring modulator to me than an octavia type pedal... sounds awful to me.. i guess i'd have to try that one first...

i think the pod X3 was based on that old tycobrahe octavia that hendrix used i think. theres loadsa clones around, but whether they are good or not i don't know..

err i thought they were the same thing?? wikipedia shall know!!
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jul 27, 2008,
I've tried the Dunlop Hendrix Octave Fuzz, it's just plain disgusting.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
ok im pretty damn sure its an octavia type pedal.

ive also tried the homebrew electronics ufo octave pedal although i hated it. this was before i used a pick so you could imagine what kind of chaos it caused . so yeah its a good idea to look into that as well.