My friend bought this "el cheapo" Les Paul DIY kit off eBay. It seems like okay quality, but the neck is a set neck and it comes in two pieces. That means we have to set it ourselves. And they never gave him instructions with it, so neither of us are 100% sure on what to do. I know you have to glue it in, but is there a certain glue to use, or just good old Elmer's glue? And is it possible to bolt a set neck on, because he doesn't really want a set neck. He seems to think that the quality might be too low and the neck would twist after a while and then it'd be a hassle to replace the neck.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Give a picture of the neck and pocket on the body. We will be able to answer your question best if we can see the problem.

For glue, use original titebond.

If the neck heel is flat and the pocket is flat so it just fits together like a square, you should be able to bolt it on. If there are grooves and stuff then you probably can't.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
titebond and clamps, i'd say, are the way to go. make sure its perfect before the woodglue dries.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...