I need advice people, I am going to buy a taylor 312ce grand concert on ebay and I am curious is it worth it? they say that it is in good condition. Also I am curious since it is a small bodied guitar does that mean I shouldn't buy it? I am 5'11 1/2 and I weigh 160 pounds. My stomach isn't fat at all will it be good? or to small for me? here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Taylor-312CE-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-W-ORIG-HARD-CASE_W0QQitemZ320277103701QQihZ011QQcategoryZ47064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by UraharaXz
I need advice people, I am going to buy a taylor 312ce grand concert on ebay and I am curious is it worth it? they say that it is in good condition. Also I am curious since it is a small bodied guitar does that mean I shouldn't buy it? I am 5'11 1/2 and I weigh 160 pounds. My stomach isn't fat at all will it be good? or to small for me? here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Taylor-312CE-ACOUSTIC-ELECTRIC-W-ORIG-HARD-CASE_W0QQitemZ320277103701QQihZ011QQcategoryZ47064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At a fairly normal height and weight as that, I'd say you can go with pretty much any guitar you want mate It won't be too small or any other fears like that you have
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by cmakkidguitar
At a fairly normal height and weight as that, I'd say you can go with pretty much any guitar you want mate It won't be too small or any other fears like that you have

Thank you so much, but I have one question is it a good deal? like perhaps I would say if I payed 1.2k at the max? for that guitar? and will it sound good? with an amp? and acoustic?

EDIT: What strings should I buy? should I get elixers with nanoweb acoustic medium strings?
^ You might wanna ask a mod to move this to the acoustic guitar forum for more advice
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
God. Have you gone to a guitar center to try it out? I mean dood these are simple questions, come on really. Will it sound good? This is the problem with ebay, you takes that risk everytime. Do your research on the thing before buying, take the time to go check one out then look for it.
dont get the taylor, its a piece of crap, its made of fake laminate woods.
check out epiphone masterbilts best guitars your ganna find for under 1200. beats out the martin 15 series if you ask me.
just look at martin D16's and epiphone masterbilts, the rest seagull, breedloves, and taylor make alright guitars but there way over priced.
But please please please dont buy the taylor its all fake wood the epiphone is much better cause its made up of all solid woods and plus i really dont like taylors cause i believe there so frieken overpriced for fake wood.
heres a good a link.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-D16GT-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514749

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Masterbilt-AJ500RE-Advanced-Jumbo-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=519054
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 26, 2008,
Yeah, I'm thinking you should really investigate some guitars before you shell out $1200 for one on ebay, buddy. It may be a great guitar and great deal, and still not be right for you. There will be other deals out there down the road, don't worry about that.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ listen to this guy.
dont buy it, martin makes an equally great guitar with genuine mahogonay rather than sapele, for 1000 dollars.
and i guese there not laminates i was thinking of the 200 and 100's either way screw taylor.
also be careful that noone just made on that looked like it and or just put all of its stuff on a similar guitar, i accidently bout a counterfitted epi les paul(got my money back and got a real one, but people got busted doin that with gibsons and some other ones, so just find another picture of it and compare it and makesure everything is the exact same
I'm not familiar with that Taylor or the Epi's, but personally I think the Breedlove Atlas series is the best value for a $1000 guitar that I've come across.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^there alright but they sound a bit tinny to me.
i think its cause they messed with the braicing a bit, try out a martin D-16 and youll think completely diffrent man.
but be carefull when your ganna look for an epi masterbilt some are just junk and others are like D-28's, im not kidding.
the reason i say no to taylors is cause there overpirced compared to similar guitars, just cause they look a bit nicer.
looks are not a reason to be getting an acoustic guitar, unlike electric.
Quote by TheKaiser77
^ listen to this guy.
dont buy it, martin makes an equally great guitar with genuine mahogonay rather than sapele, for 1000 dollars.
and i guese there not laminates i was thinking of the 200 and 100's either way screw taylor.

So are you saying that Martins are better than Taylors? as in sound-wise?
Quote by TheKaiser77
^there alright but they sound a bit tinny to me.
i think its cause they messed with the braicing a bit, try out a martin D-16 and youll think completely diffrent man.
but be carefull when your ganna look for an epi masterbilt some are just junk and others are like D-28's, im not kidding.
the reason i say no to taylors is cause there overpirced compared to similar guitars, just cause they look a bit nicer.
looks are not a reason to be getting an acoustic guitar, unlike electric.

Uh is the Martin D-16 better than the Taylor 312ce? soundwise? and amp?
well its a matter of oppinion, but yes in what they have to offer yes.
taylor makes some mahogony guitars aswell but there like 1600.
the best guitar your ganna get bar none, is a martin D-16, it might not have the looks of the taylor but who cares, its awesome.
Ive had problems with taylors sound wise and quality wise.
check out a D-16 at GC and youll see what im talking about. it dosent have electronics but you could get a sound whole pick up down the road that is better than most onboard pups in alot of gutiars.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 26, 2008,