Page 1 of 2
I have been playing guitar for 4 years now and I'm an Intermediate player. Can anyone suggest me a better guitar than this for me to buy? : .

It's a great guitar, but I want a new guitar, not good, but amazing one this time =P
My maximum budget for the guitar only is $1,500.

I have this Amp : Marshall: Marshall MG100DFX Combo PIC : . Is it good enough or I need a new one to advance?
"I wish I had a Dean :/ Some day I will get my wings too "

I am a beginner guitarist and I am so proud I joined the guitar world ^^ It's pretty cool. Songs I learned till now :

Talk by Coldplay
That guitar looks sick, what model is that?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by Milaneus
If you like metal... You should go for this:

Satan plays that guitar...

LOL!!!!!!

I am a beginner guitarist and I am so proud I joined the guitar world ^^ It's pretty cool. Songs I learned till now :

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by RabbidWolf
That guitar looks sick, what model is that?

B.C. Rich Draco V

Talk by Coldplay
in my opinion both Milaneus and TS original posts are just as funny
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Do Re Mi
New amp, sir.

What do you suggest?

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by KingDev
this thread fails

Lol I don't want it to succeed and be famous lol I just want an opinion that's all man

Talk by Coldplay
ldk about the amp but do you not like bc rich? i mean are youlooking for a whole nother guitar and line up all together? and do you play just metal or other chit to( i just judged that you play metal from the looks of that axe,sorry if i miss judged). if you do like bc rich, look at the nj classsic series such as the mocking bird or the assassin.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
You want a new amp. Haven't played marshalls enough to know much about exact models, but i would suggest one.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Quote by mig-29
ldk about the amp but do you not like bc rich? i mean are youlooking for a whole nother guitar and line up all together? and do you play just metal or other chit to( i just judged that you play metal from the looks of that axe,sorry if i miss judged). if you do like bc rich, look at the nj classsic series such as the mocking bird or the assassin.

Yeah I play metal. Thanks for the guitar suggestions, but now I am thinking of something that doesn't play only metal, but can play classic rock, rock, or even blues well. I was looking for a Gibson, I wish a Gibson. B.C Rich has proved to be a good company for me but I wish to own at least one good Gibson's guitar in my life. What model do you suggest? Max Budget : $1,500.

Talk by Coldplay
TS, what types of music do you play? That could help us with the amp, and chances are you might also be able to get a nice guitar to go with it
wow, that is one nice looking, but unconfortable looking guitar, improvee
Quote by Ghold125
TS, what types of music do you play? That could help us with the amp, and chances are you might also be able to get a nice guitar to go with it

I play mainly everything m8. Metal, Rock, Blues, rock n'roll, funky, everything. But the Draco V is mainly for Metal. Can't get a good clean sound. On distortion it sounds *ucking sweet man.

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by muikoma
wow, that is one nice looking, but unconfortable looking guitar, improvee

Yeah that's one of my problems. After 15 minutes, my hand starts to ache bad :/ But due to it's looks it encourages me to continue play and that's why I improved on guitar-playing

Talk by Coldplay
Maybe a Gibson Les Paul Studio would do you good.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Galaxystart
Yeah that's one of my problems. After 15 minutes, my hand starts to ache bad :/ But due to it's looks it encourages me to continue play and that's why I improved on guitar-playing

yeah after 2 hours you won't say it makes you improve by looks
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Quote by electricdeath
yeah after 2 hours you won't say it makes you improve by looks

:p

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by Snake™
Maybe a Gibson Les Paul Studio would do you good.

Yeah, I can buy one They look freakin' sweet man!

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-100161084-i1149146.gc

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by Galaxystart
What do you suggest?

Peavey, of course!
It's a process, not an event.
I would suggest a new amp first... since your max budget is $1500 I'd say check out a used Peavey JSX 212 combo.

But if you insist on getting a new guitar first and want something that still covers metal but is also good for rock and blues then I would say go with a Les Paul.
Guitar Budget : $1,500
Amp Budget : $500-600 MAX (if I sell my marshall amp for $250 that comes to 850 )
Total : 2000-2100. Can't more

Talk by Coldplay
Last edited by Galaxystart at Jul 26, 2008,
Gibson Les Paul Standard used. 1500 bucks right there. standard is like 2000 new now, so it wont be hard to get a used one for $1500. as for tjhe amp, buy a nice tube amp combo. do not buy a half stack. i'd recommend a fender hot rod deluxe because it's cheap, but it's loud, has plenty of gain, and sounds awesome.

EDIT:
acutally if you have 500 bucks for the amp, you can buy yourself a Deville. less gain but it's loud and has some good cleans.
850 bucks and there are lots of options for you. Marshall TSL602, Peavey 5150, a Mesa Boogie Recto-(something) combo.
Everything i'm talking about here is fi you buy used gear. if you want enw you can buy a fender hot rod for 700 bucks, but i'd rather spend 400 bucks for a hot rod. whatever it's your choice try ouit some stuff
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Jul 26, 2008,
My suggestion is go with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and drop some Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios in it... that will run you between $800-$850 depending on what pickups you get.

Then you will have an extra $700 to put towards an amp.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
My suggestion is go with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and drop some Seymour Duncans or DiMarzios in it... that will run you between $800-$850 depending on what pickups you get.

Then you will have an extra $700 to put towards an amp.

This
I'd spend more the amp than guitar. Switching that price range around, you could get a decent guitar for $700ish, and a very high quality amp for $1500. I'm sure a few people would say the same.
Quote by the-patient
This

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-100176337-i1149998.gc = $650 (I like the Epiphone )

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-JSX-212-Joe-Satriani-Combo-Amp-104003124-i1145633.gc = $1,550 (I love this godly monster )

That Makes = $ 2,200 (I can go up to that)

Later I will get some pickups, etc. I will save up for them. Which Seymour Duncans DiMarzios do you suggest?

Talk by Coldplay
Go to a guitar shop and play the guitars for yourself.
Quote by I_am_spartacus
thats so stupid it made my left testical infertile...thanks...asshole
ugly guitar !!!
UlTiMaTe
fuckin'
GuItAr

hello from welschingen (germany)

bee my Rock'n'Roll queen!!
Goddamn BC riches are so ugly the only one i like is the kerry king model
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
Quote by mightmuffin
Goddamn BC riches are so ugly the only one i like is the kerry king model

Everybody has his/her own opinions m8. I respect your opinion, but I like B.C Riches. They turn me on

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by Galaxystart
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-Electric-Guitar-100176337-i1149998.gc = $650 (I like the Epiphone )

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-JSX-212-Joe-Satriani-Combo-Amp-104003124-i1145633.gc = $1,550 (I love this godly monster )

That Makes = $ 2,200 (I can go up to that)

Later I will get some pickups, etc. I will save up for them. Which Seymour Duncans DiMarzios do you suggest?

That would be a nice setup right there. I recommend these pickups http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/sh5_duncan_cust/
Quote by WtrPlyr
That would be a nice setup right there. I recommend these pickups http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/humbucker/progressive/sh5_duncan_cust/

Yeah good pickups ^^ Thanks man

Talk by Coldplay
Quote by Galaxystart
Guitar Budget : $1,500
Amp Budget : $500-600 MAX (if I sell my marshall amp for $250 that comes to 850 )
Total : 2000-2100. Can't more

I think you should switch the guitar budget with the amp budget. Get the peavey jsx and a epiphone les paul custom or agile al-3000/3100. Then you could do a pup swap if you needed to
Page 1 of 2