So I've completely decided that I'm getting an LTD V. Problem is, I don't know which one to get.

Theres the V-500, which is the higher quality, and theres the V-200, which has a good price but less quality.

Some spec differences:

200- Bolt on
500- Set-thru
200- Basewood body
500- Mohogany body
200- EMG ESP LH-150 Pups
500- EMG 81 Pups
(My biggest concern of all are the pickups)

My question to you:

Do I go the extra mile to purchase the 500, or do I go easy on myself money-wise to get the 200?

EDIT: V-200 is $400, V-500 is $700
Last edited by YourDad at Jul 26, 2008,
I'd get the 500. It may be tempting to skimp and get the 200. But after buying the EMGs and grovers to make it like the 500 down the road, you've spent almost as much as you would have if you originally went with the 500. Plus the 200 is a basswood bolt-on, something you can't change down the road.
Quote by Beebaboo
I'd get the 500. It may be tempting to skimp and get the 200. But after buying the EMGs and grovers to make it like the 500 down the road, you've spent almost as much as you would have if you originally went with the 500. Plus the 200 is a basswood bolt-on, something you can't change down the road.

Semms reasonable. I would definately try and get the EMG's, but what would be the purpose of getting Grovers?
The 500 has grovers. And without a locking bridge like an FR, the headstock tuners need to be in tip top quality and shape.
Quote by YourDad
Semms reasonable. I would definately try and get the EMG's, but what would be the purpose of getting Grovers?

To get a more stable tuning
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board