Page 1 of 5
So I'm at guitar center today, and I pick up a nice Telecaster and plug in. I start to wail out some blues, while all around me, these metal guys are tapping their asses off on various Deans and Ibanezes, and it doesn't sound particularly good. I do my own thing, even though I can barely even hear my own playing. Finally, one of them says to me, "dude, what are you doing? You can't play worth ****!" I just say, "I'm a blues man." and walk away. I retreat into the acoustic room for awhile until some acoustic guys come in and start doing some INSANELY awesome picking pattern stuff. So I hung out with them for awhile and went home.

Does anyone else have this problem at their local GC?
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Is there a template of this story somewhere on the internet?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
By the looks of it, you are as much a one-trick pony as those guys.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
Quote by Reject_666_6
By the looks of it, you are as much a one-trick pony as those guys.

and you just walked off after he said that to you......BURN!
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by faultyy

Probably.

To answer, not yet. I haven't been tyring out things very often, but I'm sure someone will feel like make making both of us look like jackasses no matter who tells the story.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by faultyy

Looks like it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
I have a problem with total nubs trying to play (late teens, for the record) with their equally nubby friends. It's not metal, it's not even anything. It's just a mass of noise coming from one guy. It's irritating, man.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I'm usually the metalhead in GC except I never bother anyone there. I never turn up the amps loud either. Just enough to barely hear myself so no one can criticize me.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I play about every genre of guitar, I play Rock, Blues, classical, some metal, jazz, and everything in between. But these guys just stay there for hours on end thrashing on guitars. I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't so damn arrogant.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
You should have just said "Feel>Speed! Now go wank your guitars neck in the fastest motion you can and keep your silly opinons to yourself"

Assuming you can actually play that is! I like your Avatar Btw!
Same thing for me.

But I was trying out a tele and some Emo/Indie looking guy was sitting next to me.

So we are jamming out, doing our own stuff when 5 Metal kids sit down near us and just crank a line 6 and play drop D crappy sounding riffs.

I laughed.

and walked to the drum room.
When I go to guitar center, I generally turn up the amp only so loud as I need to be able to hear myself. So even though my soloing's not great it's not like I'm trying to drown everyone out.

I'd say walking away is probably the best thing. If you get in a volume war with someone, it's everyone else in the store that has to put up with it.
i have a problem with people who use a chord progression and don't expect me to try and solo over it

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I play about every genre of guitar, I play Rock, Blues, classical, some metal, jazz, and everything in between. But these guys just stay there for hours on end thrashing on guitars. I wouldn't mind it so much if they weren't so damn arrogant.

Maybe you should just stop hanging out in Guitar Center.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
TS is an elitist bastard. "I'm a blues man" and then you walk away like a big man. NIce going dude! All metal sucks! Ibanez is only for metal!

Man, chill out my friends.
Why do guitar centre stories consist of a guy walking into GC, picking up a telecaster and playing some blues

Then all the "metalheads" barge in and start playing uber loud on a warlock of some sort
and start throwing insults at the guy with the telecaster

Originality, people!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
iv never had one say something like that, but theres ALWAYS someone in there with an ESP into a line 6 spider just wailing on the same scale as loud as they can. i dont like to play very loud in a store cause im not very good yet, so this really irritates me. or when they pick up a 7/8 string and just going nuts on open chord chugging.

****ing kids...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by faultyy

There's gotta be.

Seriously, why do so many people give these jerk-offs the attention they're trying for. If you're there trying equipment why are you even paying attention to what other people do? Tell em' to screw off and that it isn't a c*ck waving contest.

Incidently I had a similier thing happen. Some kid kept pestering me about playing some random chord arpeggios/fingerpicking stuff while I was trying an amp cab. I just told him that I'm there trying equipment and that only a moron or a total n00b plays their good riffs in a music shop. "What, you trying to get your sh*t copied son?" Then I went back to ignoring him.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Thats funny because every time I go in GC there is always some guys playing generic blues licks on telecasters.

No offence man but this happens every time someone walks into a guitar center.

Unless you're Playing jazz. No one can say anything about that because A)They probably couldent do it and B) its Jazz. There is no right way to play it.

EDIT:
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
iv never had one say something like that, but theres ALWAYS someone in there with an ESP into a line 6 spider just wailing on the same scale as loud as they can. i dont like to play very loud in a store cause im not very good yet, so this really irritates me. or when they pick up a 7/8 string and just going nuts on open chord chugging.

****ing kids...

You have 8 string guitars at your GC! Where are you because Im coming to get one
Sig What?
Last edited by darth awsome at Jul 26, 2008,
Yes, yes and yes.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I wasn't bashing metal, I like metal. I was bashing the numbskulls who crank their amps to 10 right next to me and tap the same lick for 5 minutes

Quote by John Frusciante
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I wasn't bashing metal, I like metal. I was bashing the numbskulls who crank their amps to 10 right next to me and tap the same lick for 5 minutes

Better than 11. For you, I mean.
Quote by Pauldapro
Well you're just as guilty as they are. When that kid told you that you suck, you should have played E Harmonic Minor at 250 BPM with 32nd notes so he would run to mommy crying.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
People come to Guitar Center to worship me

I kid, I've never left my mom's basement
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by faultyy

So I'm at _______ today, and I pick up a nice ______ and plug in. I start to wail out some ______, while all around me, these ______ guys are_____________ on various _______ and ________, and it doesn't sound particularly good. I do my own thing, even though I can barely even hear my own playing. Finally, one of them says to me, "____________ You can't play worth ****!" I just say, "I'm a __________ man." and walk away. I retreat into the acoustic room for awhile until some acoustic guys come in and start doing some _______________ stuff. So I hung out with them for awhile and went ______.

Does anyone else have this problem at their local _______?

Yes.
Quote by Karvid
People come to Guitar Center to worship me

I kid, I've never left my mom's basement

I lol'd

SIGGED
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Man, i forgot why i love the pit. These two threads made me remember why...
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
its not metalheads its douchebags, but no ive never encountered any of those at gc, i dont usually talk to others. the only time i interacted with someone is when we started jamming on "one"
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Dog--
So I'm at _______ today, and I pick up a nice ______ and plug in. I start to wail out some ______, while all around me, these ______ guys are_____________ on various _______ and ________, and it doesn't sound particularly good. I do my own thing, even though I can barely even hear my own playing. Finally, one of them says to me, "____________ You can't play worth ****!" I just say, "I'm a __________ man." and walk away. I retreat into the acoustic room for awhile until some acoustic guys come in and start doing some _______________ stuff. So I hung out with them for awhile and went ______.

Does anyone else have this problem at their local _______?

Yes.

haha, awesome
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by Dog--
Yes.

that is one of the single most epic things i have ever seen

also i hate people like the ts who think that us "metalheads" only play metal and tap on ibanez/dean guitars. i am a "metalhead" and also play blues/jazz/flamenco/classic and i play jackson, a real metal guitar unlike ibanez or dean or esp
Quote by JeffWiredBeck24
TS is an elitist bastard. "I'm a blues man" and then you walk away like a big man. NIce going dude! All metal sucks! Ibanez is only for metal!

Man, chill out my friends.
Every blues guy wants this to happen so they can ejaculate their egos on to their guitar strings.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D0QKbnCDW94
Quote by Garou1911
There's gotta be.

Seriously, why do so many people give these jerk-offs the attention they're trying for. If you're there trying equipment why are you even paying attention to what other people do? Tell em' to screw off and that it isn't a c*ck waving contest.

Incidently I had a similier thing happen. Some kid kept pestering me about playing some random chord arpeggios/fingerpicking stuff while I was trying an amp cab. I just told him that I'm there trying equipment and that only a moron or a total n00b plays their good riffs in a music shop. "What, you trying to get your sh*t copied son?" Then I went back to ignoring him.

You said n00b in real life?
/facepalm
I love mad libs!

So I'm at food city today, and I pick up a nice meat loaf and plug in. I start to wail out some ketchup, while all around me, these French guys are cooking on various snails and frog legs, and it doesn't sound particularly good. I do my own thing, even though I can barely even hear my own playing. Finally, one of them says to me, "Stupid American! You can't play worth ****!" I just say, "I'm a beef man." and walk away. I retreat into the acoustic room for awhile until some acoustic guys come in and start doing some delicious stuff. So I hung out with them for awhile and went To Olive Garden.

Does anyone else have this problem at their local Grocery store?

Quote by John Frusciante
I getting so annoyed with these "theze MEtaL headz come in and are tapping and shredding like he;; and it soundz HoRible and I just set there as a little angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and act liek the bigger man! "

Dude, it is annoying because it is always the metalhead that is the arrogant jackass.

Getting real fed up with it.
Page 1 of 5