I have 6505+ head and i would like to take off the cage on the front and the wood behind it and put the cage back on so i can see through the whole head. How do I get the cage off the front? The piece of wood behind it looks like it is attached by 2 screws on each side. Help pl0x.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
as someone who has both the 5150 and a 6505 for some reason do you see any diffrence in the two, or do you use them with diffrent cabs.
i have the 5150 combo and the 6505+ head. The 6505+ has a cleaner rhythm channel.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
Yea take to side screws off then get something like a screwdriver and stick it in b/w the cage holes and pop it out. I did this a while ago and replaced it with plexi glass.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701
Yea take to side screws off then get something like a screwdriver and stick it in b/w the cage holes and pop it out. I did this a while ago and replaced it with plexi glass.

pics? i think it'd look like sex.
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by jpgilbert701

ya, id like pics too.
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50

Quote by druz15_UG
i did this a few weeks ago to my 6505 head. you unscrew the screws on the side and the front top corners. use an allen wrench and pry out the cage. take out the staples attaching the wooden panel to the grill. then get a 5 inch wooden block (about 5x2x4) or something of the likes. spray paint it black or else it'll look stupid. put this in the sides of the grille so the screws have something to fasten to. then if you want the logos on the grille just get some nuts and bolts and slap em on.
Eh the only pic is in my profile. The picture isnt that great. I wish the tubes would glow brighter too but eh i could always add some LED's but thats a whole different project/problem.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.

It's a simple mod. Unscrew the 2 screws on each side, pull off the black grill, and re-mount it however you want; staples, tape, more screws. Use your imagination.
Sorry, I don't think that looks good at all.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Sorry, I don't think that looks good at all.

It's ok, dad, your Tweed Bassman looks dumb to me.

Seriously, the first pic was with the grill on both ends. The red plate I did for someone when I sold the amp.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
It's ok, dad, your Tweed Bassman looks dumb to me.

Seriously, the first pic was with the grill on both ends. The red plate I did for someone when I sold the amp.
No reason to get so defensive if you think it actually looks better than stock. I was polite, and I did not have to be.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Aug 10, 2008,