Does anyone belong to this fraternity/know anything about it? I was recently at a family reunion, and my grandpa told me that his grandpa was a lifelong member, his dad was one for a year, and that he himself had won an award from the Masons. Me and my cousin are interested in joining, as it seems like a cool thing to do and be apart of.

So, anyone got anything?
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Quote by National_Anthem
Yeah, we had a meeting tonight. It involved various sex rituals, and a voodoo magician.

I know this is the pit, but serious replies only please
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Quote by Half_Full
I have an award from them for achievements in JROTC.

Yeah, he said he got "the highest award bestowed upon non-members". All the stuff I've heard about the fraternity is all kinda weird, but hey, I am interested.

Quote by blair30
Its not cool.

When I say cool, I don't mean a "popular" perception of the word. I mean interesting.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Quote by orcs4life

I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by orcs4life

Ok, heard of wikipedia?
But it's a intellectual brotherhood, a lot of famous artists, musicians and writers have been part of it. I think their main aim is to bring equality, liberty and all that jazz to the world.
Quote by bigwillie

I gotta try

Quote by National_Anthem
Ok, heard of wikipedia?
But it's a intellectual brotherhood, a lot of famous artists, musicians and writers have been part of it. I think their main aim is to bring equality, liberty and all that jazz to the world.

I can get info from wiki about systematic and factual stuff, but I'm looking for some personal experiences if anyone has them.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Quote by orcs4life

Sigged
Last edited by Karvid at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by orcs4life

asking that might bring flaming. every body like to have some fun. there are like 400 people in the pit right now who can answer your question
Quote by National_Anthem
Yeah, we had a meeting tonight. It involved various sex rituals, and a voodoo magician.

i have a feeling that it is generally higher ups in society that are more affluent within the Free-mason fraternity

i knew a few who were also in the Ulster constabulary, although this is a semi well known connection it is still worrying that at the same time so were many IRA members (according to my dad and gran dad)

the only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that it is probably true and the free masons run the western world, it would explain how certain individuals can attain high positions within government's or businesses without relevant ability and only connections
(see the new labour government, and George W. Bush's government)
There's a load of mason buildings around where I live, the members are usualy people with tidy jobs, bit like a social club for the well thought of
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
There's a load of mason buildings around where I live, the members are usualy people with tidy jobs, bit like a social club for the well thought of

Oh, I never thought of it as a more high-up club. Maybe not what I want to do then.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I love you.
Quote by orcs4life
Oh, I never thought of it as a more high-up club. Maybe not what I want to do then.

Yeh man, that's kinda what it is, suppose it's good if your some old dude or have a business and need a good client base but other than that it really isn't as cool as it sounds. Their very secrative about it tho which is why I think people get the illusion it's some crazy ass shady organization
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by seljer
*hums*

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!

Damn you!
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Quote by orcs4life

I doubt you'll get seriously replies for the following two reasons:

1) You have to be at least 21 to be a Mason.

The majority of UG, and especially the Pit, will not be 21

2) You have to be of high social standing in order to become a Mason.

My answer to whether anyone in the Pit is of high social standing: I doubt it.

And my answer to the chance that anyone in the Pit is both:

EDIT: And they aren't that secretive in the slightest.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

I did a bit of research, and:
1) The minimum age is anywhere between 18 and 25
2) There are a few other entry requirements, but high social standing isn't necessarily one of them. Granted, it does help though.
Quote by National_Anthem
I did a bit of research, and:
1) The minimum age is anywhere between 18 and 25
2) There are a few other entry requirements, but high social standing isn't necessarily one of them. Granted, it does help though.

When I enquired to a lodge about the entry requirements, the two I mentioned were given to me straight off the bat. Maybe it depends on the lodge. There are many different ones.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

EDIT: And they aren't that secretive in the slightest.

I suppose the people aren't, but (around here at least) the buildings all seem to have doors in weird places, like on the side, down an alley way, when there's plenty of room on the front, which in my oppinion gives it a bit of a secretive look

George Washington was in a cult, man, and the cult was into aliens.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
The Masons were on National Treasure. :P

But all the stuff I hear about them is kind of suspicious. Like, they have a hierarchy thing and the bottom ranks are all normal but the higher ones are into ritual Satanic abuse or something. O.o
Quote by Abunai X

But all the stuff I hear about them is kind of suspicious. Like, they have a hierarchy thing and the bottom ranks are all normal but the higher ones are into ritual Satanic abuse or something. O.o

I suggest you read into them a bit more. I have several books about them, and a shedload of it is really, really mundane.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I suggest you read into them a bit more. I have several books about them, and a shedload of it is really, really mundane.

Well, what do they do then? Do they just like, meet up for drinks and play cards all day or what?

Because that sounds boring.
Quote by Abunai X

lol, their gona come after you man, you've exposed their secret.

The evilest thing they've done around here was to get planning permission for a new Tesco that wanted their building refused

Quote by Abunai X
Well, what do they do then? Do they just like, meet up for drinks and play cards all day or what?

Because that sounds boring.

To all extents and purposes, and I quote a Freemason I know by saying this, they are a "ritualised gentleman's club."

Rituals aren't only performed by cults worshipping Beelzebub. Catholic Mass is a ritual.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
To all extents and purposes, and I quote a Freemason I know by saying this, they are a "ritualised gentleman's club."

Rituals aren't only performed by cults worshipping Beelzebub. Catholic Mass is a ritual.

Sounds like some sort of satanic strip club lol

Quote by Deliriumbassist

So, only guys can join it?

GAY.

I am going to go and make an Freemasoness club for chicks. Also, do they have any ties with the Illuminati?
Quote by Abunai X

GAY.

I am going to go and make an Freemasoness club for chicks. Also, do they have any ties with the Illuminati?

I think the female equivalent is probably something like the Womens Institute

Quote by Abunai X

GAY.

Some lodges will let women in. Others won't.

And it all depends on what you think the Illuminati is. So many conspiacies about what they are it's untrue.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Some lodges will let women in. Others won't.

And it all depends on what you think the Illuminati is. So many conspiacies about what they are it's untrue.

Yes, well, I only know about them from hearing about the New World Order. And all those sources invariably say the Illuminati are evil power-hungry puppeteers who are controlling governments from behind the scenes.

Something tells me you will say they're not though, lol.

Bye. I am going to wash the dishes now.
Quote by Abunai X
Yes, well, I only know about them from hearing about the New World Order. And all those sources invariably say the Illuminati are evil power-hungry puppeteers who are controlling governments from behind the scenes.

Something tells me you will say they're not though, lol.

Bye. I am going to wash the dishes now.

They may or may not be, I suppose if they were they wouldn't exactly be shouting about it and if their not, but people think they are why tell them anything different?

I think Louis Theroux (may be wrong) made a good documentary about it if your looking to watch something about the subject.

As far as them having ties I'd say if they exist there's about the same chance of them having equal (well not quite equal but you get the point) ties with the pit