Poll: Which did you prefer?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which did you prefer?
Iron Man
28 12%
The Dark Knight
197 88%
Voters: 225.
Page 1 of 2
I finally saw both.

Honestly I loved both of these films, but Iron Man is still my favorite super hero movie.

I was wondering what you guys think. I have a feeling Batman will be the clear winner in the upcoming poll.
1. The Dark knight
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man

IMO
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
yeah, it will
i liked batman better, but they are both very good.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Ironman is weak super hero anyways, so the film couldn't do much for him

whereas Batman is a badass i mean his only super power is to be really really rich
Iron Man was good but it didn't impress me that much. Kind of anti-climactic. Dark Knight was great though.
Last edited by i_am_teh_walrus at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by imthehitcher
Ironman is weak super hero anyways, so the film couldn't do much for him

whereas Batman is a badass i mean his only super power is to be really really rich
Tony Stark was one rich motherf*cker, too.
I liked Downey Jr. in terms of the role he played. In terms of the whole movie, I'd give the slight edge to The Dark Knight. I felt there were a few minor weak points in Iron Man as compared to less in The Dark Knight. It's really minor though. I'd give Iron Man a 9.4/10 and The Dark Knight a 9.5 or 9.6/10
Iron Man is not anywhere near the same league as Batman. This should've been a Hulk vs. Iron Man thread/poll.
I saw Dark Knight yesterday and I was totally blown away. For me it was one of the best Batman movies made, if not THE best. I really loved Iron Man too though. Robert Downey Jr is cool. Apparently they're going to make several films, one per character, which will lead up to an Avengers movie in the next decade.
I voted for the Dark Knight because it's clearer in my memory
I do really see why people think The Dark Knight was a better movie, however I think Robert Downey Jr. did a better job as Iron Man than Christian Bale did as Batman. Bale was really good, but I think Rober Downey Jr. really just nailed it with his character.
Iron Man was amazing, but The Dark Knight blew it out of the water. Both amazing movies though.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by The Madcap
I do really see why people think The Dark Knight was a better movie, however I think Robert Downey Jr. did a better job as Iron Man than Christian Bale did as Batman. Bale was really good, but I think Rober Downey Jr. really just nailed it with his character.

Of course, Robert Downey Jr. was amazing.
But Heath Ledger was the reason The Dark Knight was so great, not Christian Bale.
The Joker kicked ass, one of the best performances ever..
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Ez0ph
Of course, Robert Downey was amazing.
But Heath Ledger was the reason The Dark Knight was so great, not Christian Bale.
Yeah, that's true. People are talking way more about the Joker than Batman.
Quote by Ez0ph
Of course, Robert Downey Jr. was amazing.

I honestly can't stand Bale's Batman. He's perfect as Bruce Wayne, but what's with the contrived rasp?
I saw Dark Knight last night and I'm going to say, IMO, it was better than Iron Man. Everything in Iron Man seemed to have happened too fast and the movie felt like (to me) it was done before it was really getting started. Now don't get me wrong, I was freakin' pumped when I heard they were making a film adaptation of Iron Man and it was a good movie, I just thought it could have been a bit better
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Ironman was a good movie and Downey Jr. was excellent. However, in terms of overall acting and plot, The Dark Knight was just a great movie.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by Mr. Twelve
Ironman was a good movie and Downey Jr. was excellent. However, in terms of overall acting and plot, The Dark Knight was just a great movie.

Very true... also, love the sig

And I never seen a poll this one sided before
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I think Ironman was a good super hero movie but The Dark Knight is one of the best all around movies made in the past few years. TDK moved past comic book hero action summer movies and into an actual work of art. Iron Man was just a really good super hero flick.
Sig What?
Quote by butter free
Iron Man is not anywhere near the same league as Batman. This should've been a Hulk vs. Iron Man thread/poll.

Dude. Tony Stark built this out of spare parts under the noses of about 100 terrorists

Iron Man had a crap villain but an awesome superhero. The Dark Knight had an awesome villain but IMO, a crappy superhero.

Iron Man vs. The Joker would be the most badass movie ever.

PS the hulk movie was just meh
Quote by captainjackass
Iron Man had a crap villain but an awesome superhero. The Dark Knight had an awesome villain but IMO, a crappy superhero.

Iron Man vs. The Joker would be the most badass movie ever.

PS the hulk movie was just meh
I completely agree. I think the only big flaw with The Dark Knight was Batman. It wouldn't have been nearly as good if it wasn't for the joker. Because, I can at least say this for me, when I was watching The Dark Knight, I felt like I was waiting for scenes with the Joker to come.
I'm a huge Hulk and Ed Norton fan, but The Dark Knight is simply in a different league from another other movie of it's type.

Dark Knight > The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man
Quote by herman ri2
Iron Man sucked, IMO.

I don't know why it is so good to people?

cosign, i wouldnt go as far as saying the movie totally sucked, but i didnt think it was that good.

With all do respect, i could give two fhks about Heath Ledger, but that dude was a FHKING AMAZING Joker.
Iron Man? Might be the worst superhero movie I've ever seen.

Haven't seen Dark Knight but I'm sure it's better.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Iron Man? Might be the worst superhero movie I've ever seen.

Haven't seen Dark Knight but I'm sure it's better.

I'm guessing you haven't seen very many. I can think of a lot of superhero films that are a lot worse than Iron Man...
They're in different leagues.

Ironman - Good enough superhero movie

The Dark Knight - just a great movie period , one of the best performances in cinematic history - joker , and many interesting themes.
Quote by Cheers
I'm guessing you haven't seen very many. I can think of a lot of superhero films that are a lot worse than Iron Man...

Or maybe I actually have that opinion without lacking experience of seeing them all. Seen enough, Hulk, Spiderman 1,2,3. The old batman movies, X-men, Daredevil, Iron Man, Incredibles, Triple X. Can I have an opinion about Iron Man now?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Or maybe I actually have that opinion without lacking experience of seeing them all. Seen enough, Hulk, Spiderman 1,2,3. The old batman movies, X-men, Daredevil, Iron Man, Incredibles, Triple X. Can I have an opinion about Iron Man now?

No.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

So out of those you say Iron Man ranks near the bottom? Spiderman 3, Ang Lee's Hulk (I assume that's what you meant), Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, that crappy Watchmen ripoff (i.e. The Incredibles), and Daredevil...are you kidding me? I would hope that Iron Man is at least a mid-tier superhero movie for you based on the examples you gave...
Quote by Cheers
So out of those you say Iron Man ranks near the bottom? Spiderman 3, Ang Lee's Hulk (I assume that's what you meant), Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, that crappy Watchmen ripoff (i.e. The Incredibles), and Daredevil...are you kidding me? I would hope that Iron Man is at least a mid-tier superhero movie for you based on the examples you gave...

No it's not. If it were possible I'd rank most of these movies at the bottom as they suck the same amount more or less. What made Iron Man so good?
The Dark Knight raped Iron Man IMO. It's because I much prefer the dark atmosphere of Dark Knight. Not the mention Heath ledger OWNED The Joker!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Page 1 of 2