Im stuck with a bit of a dillema... I've got £350 to buy a new bass and im stuck between a Rockbass Corvette or a Fender Standard P Bass. I have tried both and i prefer the Corvette but i hear they have problems with the nut and truss rod. Anyone got any view as to which is the better buy? Thanks.
You can get a second hand Warwick Corvette for about £350 if you look hard enough. The Just a Nut on a Warwick isn't that great, but it is an excellent excuse to replace it with a brass one
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I saw a second hand Corvette today for £499, I played it, it was awesome, if only I had £500
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I have an RB Fortress. The active P/J one.

No problems with my nut or truss rod. Only issue I've had is a period with a dicky jack, but to be fair it took a lot of hammering before that developed and it was just a case of re-soldering a few jiggers to fix it.

At the time, it was just right for me, great tone, great feel to it, solidly built, well balanced and, well, Warwick-y... though now I do wish I'd gone for a Fender instrument. Not over quality issues, simply that I prefer playing Fender style instruments in general.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Jul 26, 2008,
fender, although most times ive played a fender standard against a squier VM the VM has beeen better, get one of those and save some cash
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I'd get the Corvette personally. but that's more personal taste. they are both good basses. either is an excellent buy.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by FbSa
Fender will be way more versatile than the Corvette, I'd go for it.

Not at all
the corvette is a VERY versatile bass, more so than the standard p-bass
the active contols on it really let you tweak the sound

It is true that the nut is a bit flimsy though
It may or may not just fly right off when you change all of your strings.
But it is a great instrument for the price you pay.
If you upgrade the nut, the bass really sings.

Love the Low end
Altough warwick makes great basses, the rockbass line isn't as good. If there is no possibility of saving up and buying a real warwick, go for the P-bass. They are reliable, versatile, and a classic.
Quote by Zeelod
Not at all
the corvette is a VERY versatile bass, more so than the standard p-bass
the active contols on it really let you tweak the sound

It is true that the nut is a bit flimsy though
It may or may not just fly right off when you change all of your strings.
But it is a great instrument for the price you pay.
If you upgrade the nut, the bass really sings.

+ a new nut is something like £12 so there really isn't any reason not to. Seriously man, I got a bubinga corvette, active pickups and electronics for £350, the only flaws being some ware to the wood by the pickups and the nut had been glued back on (replaced it the next day anyway so wasn't a problem). A proper Warwick pisses over a Rock bass, never played an MIM P Bass so cant comment, but I'd always reccomend a 2nd hand Warwick
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis